The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was counting on some familiar GC regulars to do it for me. Anyways I found a great store on ebay that sells cheap. I think I saw an ash guitar body
painted for about 70 dollars.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lowtones said:
If you want to come down to the London Area for a weekend I will be more than happy to get you going to make your own in my shop. With the kids all grown & gone we have spare bedrooms and the Little Lady would feed you well. There will be lots of sanding to do after you leave but you will have a decent body & neck. Please realize that by the time I've made a neck & body that is pretty much a completed guitar and I'm currently way behind.
Actually I decided that im going to build a carvin guitar kit. I hear carvin's are real quality.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Lowtones said:
That's a good choice. My first guitar was a Carvin Kit. Very good quality. and quite easy. I still have and use it. The finish will be what you make of it. I upgraded to the twin rail humbuckers. I would suggest that you go with their best pickups if you can afford right away. You can always upgrade to anything you want later as it has a universal routing.

Very Cool , enjoy
Ill be getting an HSS type. Id rather buy a pickup from a company that has specifics on tonal characteristics of the pickups. Since its 'winter' now I cant paint outdoors and I dont want to paint indoors for health reasons I think ill just pay for the 50 dollar black paint job option. I also plan on installing a kill switch and a parallel/series switch :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.