The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi:

I am redoing everything electronic in a BC Rich guitar. It had an EMG-81 in it that seems to have bit the dust.

So everything is going fine, changed the pots back, switch wiring works, jack is fine.

The only problem is the replacement humbucker won't sit straight. It's got a tilt towards the headstock end. What do people do correct this kind of thing?

The original BC-Rich pickup (no gone) had 3 mounting screws. The EMG and the new replacement (Dimarzio) have 2. When I screw them in far enough to get the pick-up height set properly, the front of the pickup wants to nose under the pick-up mounting ring.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Bryguy:smilie_flagge17:

·
Registered
97 Posts
look at the bezels(pickup rings),you will see a angle on it,on my guitar
there is a small angle and my pick up,it leans towards the head stock,
its fine thats what they do,if its an extreme angle,make sure your springs are seated properly between the bezel and the pickup plate

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm going to bet it's the wire, either it doesn't have enough room or it's caught in between the mounting ring and the base.....Could also be that your pickup screws are touching the bottom of the cavity.....as they're at a slight angle, they touch and push the pickup to one side. Most likely it's easy to fix.

Andy

·
Banned
1,195 Posts
you might try surgical tubing instead of springs, i'm not sure it'll do the trick, but it shouldn't be expensive to find out. i got some at a medical supply store free for the asking. you can also take the pups out and put a piece of foam under them to straighten them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts