The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
so what is it like? does it stray real far from winxp leaving you confused or is it refreshing like the win98 to winxp upgrade?.....sorry I've read nothing about vista:tongue:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Is it a beta copy? My son tried it awhile ago but the issue was with drivers at that point. What I did see was fast...

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SCREEM said:
so what is it like? does it stray real far from winxp leaving you confused or is it refreshing like the win98 to winxp upgrade?.....sorry I've read nothing about vista:tongue:
It strays a bit, so it will take some getting used to. They've definately reworked some stuff.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just an update since it's officially released.

I switched over to 64 bit and now Dell has release all their drivers, it's working flawlessly. I can't go back, I'm so happy with the increased responsiveness.

Anyone else upgrade yet?

·
Registered
635 Posts
traynor_garnet said:
I'm still running ME!!! :eek:
You poor bastard. That OS should've never seen the light of day. It's the most gigantic piece of crap I've ever seen. Makes Windows 98 look like the most stable piece of software ever released. Haha.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I really wouldn't recommend Vista.
50% of the users won't even switch over because of whats going to happen if you have any stolen/downloaded software on your computer that you didn't pay for. IF you have any of that, Microsoft will lock your computer. You literally won't be able to turn on your computer.

Most users out there use p2p software, and allready dislike Vista because of this.
Also, consider that 90% of the people who used XP out there downloaded it. That isn't going to happen this time.
Take it from someone studying Comp. Programming....STICK WITH XP!

·
Premium Member
2,973 Posts
Its funny, the new Amiga O/S just recently came out. It is something like 50MB total, and runs incredibley fast with no issues. Too bad there isnt any software to run on that O/S from this century.............

·
Registered
635 Posts
I'd imagine I'll be sticking with XP for a long, long time. I'm not into all of this DRM stuff that Stratocaster mentioned. Even if I was going to switch, I'd wait until the first service pack came out just to be safe.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just bought a new laptop...I'm totally uninterested in switching to vista (drm on principle and a host of other issues I have with it). xp pro is solid and none of the new things they've implemented matter to me. Buying my wife a new laptop soon as well...so I'll get to check out vista firsthand before we format it and install xp pro.

·
Registered
627 Posts
The worst part is, it's not even Microsoft's fault! They never wanted to put any of that crap into it.

What happened was, Microsoft's enemy, Sony, took them to court and got them to put a whole bunch of shit into Vista that they never wanted to put.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts