The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been eyeing a Jahn Custom Guitars Legacy and was wondering what you guys have to say about, tried one maybe?

I'm after a nice high end shredder and that one has a good deal on it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Never heard of them and a search revealed nothing other than a single guitar,the same guitar actually ,listed on Reverb about 2 years ago and seemingly recent on kijiji in Montreal.
Seems like an unknown entity to me anyways.
I'd search something else myself based on that quick search.

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
I've never heard of them, and Bubb's post makes me go with "dont buy that."

You want a high end shredder? Buy a used PRS Custom 24 or CE24. 1/3 the new price on the used market is a pretty good deal.

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,108 Posts
Hey guys,

I've been eyeing a Jahn Custom Guitars Legacy and was wondering what you guys have to say about, tried one maybe?

I'm after a nice high end shredder and that one has a good deal on it.

Thanks!
Garbage, dude is a trust fund kid that decided to be a premium guitar builder. Mommy and daddy fund his hobby. The designs look cool but the come with a plethora of problems. A local shredder here bought one and he couldn't give it away.

Reactions: KapnKrunch

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
If you are looking to spend lots of money, mayones guitars look like the one you were looking at,but they are actually nice.

·
Premium Member
'59 LP Junior & Danocaster T
863 Posts
Ya, I know the kid that builds them. Nice enough guy but certainly not experienced enough to charge premium prices for his builds. He did some repair work for me some years ago which was acceptable but again not worthy of a high price or praise of workmanship. Not sure if he's still doing it, but any of the guitars I've seen have no lack of problems, and many people have been upset with their purchase. Not wise, IMO.

W.

·
Premium Member
1,578 Posts
Ya, I know the kid that builds them. Nice enough guy but certainly not experienced enough to charge premium prices for his builds. He did some repair work for me some years ago which was acceptable but again not worthy of a high price or praise of workmanship. Not sure if he's still doing it, but any of the guitars I've seen have no lack of problems, and many people have been upset with their purchase. Not wise, IMO.

W.
Is it someone from Halifax?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Check out liberatore. Very high end. Can be found for around a grand.
I keep seeing them on Kijiji, are they actually any good? I'm always sceptical when I see custom made guitars for only 1000$... I'm also GASing for a nice Suhr Modern Satin, is the Liberatore as good, it's about half the price. Should I just keep my money for a while until I can afford the Suhr?

·
Premium Member
16,816 Posts
I keep seeing them on Kijiji, are they actually any good? I'm always sceptical when I see custom made guitars for only 1000$... I'm also GASing for a nice Suhr Modern Satin, is the Liberatore as good, it's about half the price. Should I just keep my money for a while until I can afford the Suhr?
If you want a Suhr, save up for a Suhr. The main reason the Liberatore is so much less expensive is because they are not well known at all - so one takes a bath when reselling them. Any small-time unknown custom builder is going to take even more of a hit on resale than a well-known custom builder (which would still take a big hit).

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Liberatore are as good if not better than Suhr. You can't go wrong for the money.
You can buy a Liberatore for about the same amount as that Suhr would depreciate in a week after buying it new.
Best of luck

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Lots of options for high end builds. Tom Anderson comes to mind. I wish I could try a suhr or anderson. Id easily sell 3 or 4 okay guitars for one great shredder.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts