The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the rondo i got has no inlays on it. i wanted to put some stickers on there so i tries this place on line:

Inlay Stickers Jockomo

i ordered these ones that are a vine of jack-o-lanterns. i thought it would be neat to theme my rondo like the headless horseman. they tell you 21 days to your door guarantee. i ordered, and was confirmed on march 4th. on april 1, i emailed them telling them that my order had not arrived. they responded saying they shipped on the 7th, and that it takes 3 weeks. it never took that long for my ex's folks to send us anything by standard mail from osaka (which is where they are located) so i told them if i didn't see it on the 2nd of april i would cancel. they immediately responded by refunding me through paypal. i thought, gee, when they finally arrive i will mark the envelope RTS and stick it in the mailbox. at least i got my money back. but i also thought it was a mighty quick reaction. here it april 4, nothing has ever come here from jockomo. were they prescient? did they know those stickers were not going to arrive? it smells funny to me, so i post a heads up about it.

btw, still want some inlay stickers, if any of you can recommend a decent outfit.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
I bought some a couple years back from Jockomo on eBay and received them with no issue. Sorry yours didn't work out.

·
Administrator
404 Posts
I too, used Jockomo. Ordered direct, and just waited until the envelope arrived. It did, and the stickers look great. Honestly, if I were you, I'd just give them another shot. Many, many good reviews out there.

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
Cheezyridr, perhaps you remember this company from a couple of years ago. They gave me a free one to try out and it worked great. It was still on when I sold the guitar last year. They also have a custom section. Maybe something they offer will appeal.

neck illusions fingerboard Fret board graphics inlay decals

Reactions: cheezyridr

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
How do those stand up to a lot of bending when playing a lot?
I had mine on for a couple of years. I likely don't play as often as you or do a lot of bending but mine didn't show a lot of wear. The material used is quite slippery and maybe that helps with keeping the wear down. It certainly would help with stopping any wear on the fretboard.

Reactions: SaucyJack

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
I have a couple gtrs with no inlays; I had planned to use some of those stickers after someone I know told me about them & had good reviews

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
My best guitar has no inlays - and never will. Just beautiful ebony bound in more ebony.

IMG_1490.JPG

Sorry about he pics in the way. I recycle the picture because I'm oh so very environmentally inclined. LOL

Reactions: bolero

·
Registered
3,567 Posts
yep I have a braz fretboard I didn't want to cut up: that's what my stickers are going on, too!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have a PRS Torero with an ebony board I may try this on. Can they be removed without making a mess?

·
Registered
18,560 Posts
I have a PRS Torero with an ebony board I may try this on. Can they be removed without making a mess?
The ones I mentioned to Cheezyridr can. Glue residue from even difficult to remove stickers can be removed with naptha (lighter fluid).

Reactions: BSTheTech

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sorry you had no luck with Jockomo, I've used them a few times both through Ebay and through their own site and never had a delivery problem. You should also check out Creative Cuts on ebay - theirs are quiet great too.

My Bernie Marsden SE with Creative Cuts birds

My Epi SG Junior with Jockomo Fallen Angels

@Steadfastly Thank for the tip about Neck Illusions, Ihadn't heard of those but looking on their site now there are a couple I certainly want to get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts