The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay folks, so my lady signed up to this thing and gave me an invite. After doing some research it seems interesting, and although the site seems to exaggerate a bit (or a lot), given what they can actually prove at this point, but all in all it seems harmless. I figured to throw this up here, along with a couple mostly unbiased reviews, to give people a chance to look into it themselves and possibly sign up.

Is Initiative Q a Scam? An Initiative Q Review

https://www.quora.com/What-is-this-new-cryptocurrency-initiative-Q-is-it-legit-https-initiativeq-com-invite-rWXFesTbm

Initiative Q is an attempt by ex-PayPal guys to create a new payment system instead of credit cards that were designed in the 1950s. The system uses its own currency, the Q, and to get people to start using the system once it's ready they are allocating Qs for free to people that sign up now (the amount drops as more people join - so better to join early). Signing up is free and they only ask for your name and an email address. There's nothing to lose but if this payment system becomes a world leading payment method your Qs can be worth a lot. If you missed getting bitcoin seven years ago, you wouldn't want to miss this.

Here is my invite link: Initiative Q

This link will stop working once I’m out of invites. Let me know after you registered, because I need to verify you on my end.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I signed up as well....Danny needs to verify my registration before I get my free money!
This does seem a bit Pyramid Scheme like, but hey, If I can be on the top, or is it the bottom?

·
Premium Member
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I signed up as well....Danny needs to verify my registration before I get my free money!
This does seem a bit Pyramid Scheme like, but hey, If I can be on the top, or is it the bottom?
That's the main thing anyone has to say against against it, which is true to be fair; it does seem kind of pyramid-y. Although it is missing one crucial component to a pyramid scheme, and that is asking for actual verified currency.. I think what they're trying to do is create hype by making it one of those things where they want everyone to join, but also want it to seem exclusive initially to create that insider buzz. Same thing Gmail originally did, as well as OnePlus and many other companies upon startup.

·
Registered
8,686 Posts
While it does seem kind of pyramid like, they aren't asking for any money. If all they want is an email address then why not right? If I start getting spam, that can be dealt with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts