The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into getting an LP copy. Can anyone tell me what the electronics are like in the newer (2000-2001ish) Tokais? I am looking for something that I don't HAVE to gut the electronics in.

I know they don't compare to 80's MIJ Tokais, but I am just looking for something decent. I am more curious how they compare to say, a decent Epiphone.

Basically I am hunting down an LP clone for hopefully $500 or under that has some decent electronics. When it comes to LP copies I do like ones that look close to an LP though, so I don't think Agile is an option (the headstock and horn kinda bug me).

·
Premium Member
Reverend Flatroc (1st gen import), Gibson Melody Maker (2003 variation), Tele Builds
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Man you guys sure love the Goldtops :)

Thanks for the input guys.

The one I am looking at is a 2001 I think. From looking at it I think it's a mahogany neck, but I am not sure.

·
Premium Member
5,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up doing a trade for one of these:

I am very happy with it. The pickups are kinda horrible, but the guitar itself is really cool and really well constructed. And as a HUGE bonus, it's super light. Even with the muddy pickups, the guitar sounds very good.

I already got a great deal on a set of GFS Dream 180's on another forum. While I am putting those in, I am going to gut out the rest of the electronics in general.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.