The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to purchase a particular Tissot watch and my Scottish blood dictates that I get the best deal I possible can (if only I had snagged one at Costco when they had them on at a ridiculously low price!) so I am wondering if anyone here knows of reliable Canadian watch retailers that offer authentic watches at really good prices?

I'm also hoping to find a seller that has good stock as I would prefer a colour for the face that is no longer available. There are other colours that I like, but there is one that I prefer.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Gift from my wife. Fitbit Surge. Nothing like the lovely classics shown elsewhere in this thread but it does everything I need without being obtrusive.

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We have a watch that was given to my grandfather (my Mum's father) for some work anniversary. It has stopped working so needs to be repaired and it needs a new lens because my Dad cracked it years ago. When I get that fixed I will have a leather strap put on and it will become my dress watch whereas the Tissot will be my everyday watch.

·
Administrator
15,990 Posts
We have a watch that was given to my grandfather (my Mum's father) for some work anniversary. It has stopped working so needs to be repaired and it needs a new lens because my Dad cracked it years ago. When I get that fixed I will have a leather strap put on and it will become my dress watch whereas the Tissot will be my everyday watch.
This was my fathers watch, given to him after working for I forget how many years "on the buses" in Sheffield. The original leather strap wore out and he replaced it with the metal one many years ago. Watch still keeps perfect time.

·
Registered
8,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Those Tissots are nice but it is specifically the PRS200 that I am after. I have wanted one for a while but just never bothered pulling the trigger. My parents had said they would but me one for my birthday last year but I asked for something else instead. My Dad passed away in January and my Mum gave my brother and I a couple of grand each out of the insurance money (she is very comfortable financially and didn't need the money herself, but I still didn't want it as we will inherit everything when she finally passes) so I've decided to use some of that to get the watch they nearly bought me as a sort of last gift from my Dad. I was going to buy another guitar with the money but would prefer the watch.

·
Premium Member
4,300 Posts
Those Tissots are nice but it is specifically the PRS200 that I am after. I have wanted one for a while but just never bothered pulling the trigger. My parents had said they would but me one for my birthday last year but I asked for something else instead. My Dad passed away in January and my Mum gave my brother and I a couple of grand each out of the insurance money (she is very comfortable financially and didn't need the money herself, but I still didn't want it as we will inherit everything when she finally passes) so I've decided to use some of that to get the watch they nearly bought me as a sort of last gift from my Dad. I was going to buy another guitar with the money but would prefer the watch.
Get yourself an automatic.

·
Premium Member
9,761 Posts
I was given a Tissot from an ex gf years ago. Can't say I'd recommend it.
Looks a bit similar to the ones you're shopping for.

They may not be "Scottish " enough, but Hamilton or IWC would be my choice if you can't justify Sir Sean's Submariner.

I'm going to Switzerland this month, I'll keep an eye out if I see anything. They sell watches everywhere there.

Reactions: colchar
1 - 20 of 32 Posts