The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The 500 was actually not bad on Sunday. There was a 2 hour rain delay about half way through, then it was finally rained out after the second attempt. But the racing was pretty good. The Andretti-Green cars were all hot. Penske and Ganassi racing strong as well. Danica Patrick was running 3rd for a bit and looked real good. Her pit stops were killing her all day though. Everytime she went in she was losing 2-3 spots coming out.

This was actually the first time I have watched the 500 since the Indy - Champ Car split.

I am still into Champ Car but I am not sure either one of these leagues can make it in the long run, without combining again.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Yep..not a bad race until the rain. I,m not a Nascar fan but I watched a bit of the Coke 600 afterwards. Is it just me or has Nascar turned into the WWE of racing? Just seems like a bunch of fluff to me anymore.....and I think this car of tommorrow stuff will make it worse.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's basically what they are trying to do in Nascar. But the target audience loves it. I can't get into it at all myself. We went out to Vegas a few years back, they had a double bill on at the Speedway. Nascar truck series and then the Champ Cars. When the Nascar race was over about one quarter of the people walked out. It's just a different mind set altogether. I actually enjoyed the truck race.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts