The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bit the bullet and ordered myself one of these. I'll be using it exclusively for recording in a nice (but small) rehearsal space/studio I recently built in my basement. I'm hoping that it will sound great with my guitar going into effects, and an Amp-in-a-box (Xotic SL Drive), then the CabDryvr straight into my Tascam DP24 (recorder/mixer).

I know what's missing from this chain is an actual amp. But the only option that attracts me while using my amp would be to buy something like a Suhr Reactive Loadbox. Alas, I don't have the money for it.

I have considered whether I should use a digital amp sim on my Zoom G3X right before the Cabryvr. My instincts say no as I find the digital overdrives and dirt sound pretty uninspiring on this pedal, and it may affect what is already a great thing I have going with the SL drive. Would it be fair to say that the amps on the Zoom would be just as uninspiring as the Zoom's overdrives? I think the Zoom amp sims require more processing power/ Would that make them potentially more realistic? (paging mhammer!).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts