The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guy's , last year , I put my name on the list at Ceriatone for a Centura and my name came up a few weeks ago , it's in the mail now and should get it tomorrow!
I really don't need a Klon type pedal but was so curious that I pulled the trigger !
After seeing this video where they split hairs to find if they sound the same , I think I've made the right choice .
Nik found someone to make the same enclosure as the real deal , you have a choice of having a horsie or not , I chose one with no horsie.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
That's awesome! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the tone.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Reactions: davetcan

·
Super Moderator
15,750 Posts
I think I have your old KTR. Any thoughts on how it compares to the KTR?
Going from memory I'd say identical, the KTR and my old Aluminum Falcon 1 were the best of the many klones I've owned. The Centura is every bit as good and just looks way better. No horsie here either.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Awesome! I must be slipping because I didn't know about these until last week. Haha

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Nik found someone to make the same enclosure as the real deal , you have a choice of having a horsie or not , I chose one with no horsie.
I believe there was one other logo, different from the horsie one, that was available, too. Or was that just at TGP?

These have interested me, I came close to ordering one. But the size is unworkable for any of my boards - I just don't think it will be better than the 3 pedals it will have to replace. Now a Tumnus or something else in that size interests me still. But I have a lot of pedals and it's not a high priority.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I believe there was one other logo, different from the horsie one, that was available, too. Or was that just at TGP?

These have interested me, I came close to ordering one. But the size is unworkable for any of my boards - I just don't think it will be better than the 3 pedals it will have to replace. Now a Tumnus or something else in that size interests me still. But I have a lot of pedals and it's not a high priority.
You can choose horsie or not , it's for everyone ,
not only for tgp.
Just received mine but have no time to try it,
will do later though !......if the tone is as great as the enclosure , it will be great !!
Will post pictures.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
I too placed an order for a one a couple of months ago. I had no idea these things were available until I saw davetcan post a pic of his in the pedal section. From the videos I have watched it sounds great. Really stoked to get mine.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The pedal sounds Glorious !!.....Beautiful harmonics without adding too much mids,
very impressed so far !

The down side is that the box I received the pedal in is the original Centura box
but it was imppossible for me to know cause it was covered with a bid UPS sticky bag over
the logo so that's something they should look for ,..........maybe just a paper cover over the box
would do and prevent from being damaged by pulling the bill of label bag !

·
Super Moderator
15,750 Posts

There was a limited edition "DickButt" version. It was either loved or hated.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
There was a limited edition "DickButt" version. It was either loved or hated.

Thanks, Dave. You just saved me a few hours of search time. I knew I'd seen another logo, just couldn't remember what. That's it - quite tongue in cheek, I assume. Most of TGP just goes over my head - I'm not regular enough to keep up with the running jokes.

Reactions: Louis
1 - 20 of 61 Posts