The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This song is called "Memories Of A Friend No Longer With Us". I wrote it several years ago when I lost three friends in just a few weeks to their struggles with addiction. As sad and shocking as that was then, in 2017 it seems to have become a just regular part of life. So I've revisited this piece in a new recording to remember those many who we've lost and continue to lose. I hope it provides a few minutes of peace for those who are left behind.

For those who care about the technical details, I'm playing a Godin Montreal Premiere through a Gallien Krueger MB200 amp powering an Earcandy ported 1x10 cab. I'm running through a Hardwire RV7 reverb and a Boss TR-2 tremolo. The guitar is strung with a custom set of Thomastik Infeld Swing Series 12's and tuned down one full tone to D-standard.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Wow, great playing and great song - very nicely done sir!!! I have also lost people close to me due to addiction it is very sad and tragic when such bad things have such a strong grip on good people. Thank you for remembering and for your great song.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, great playing and great song - very nicely done sir!!! I have also lost people close to me due to addiction it is very sad and tragic when such bad things have such a strong grip on good people. Thank you for remembering and for your great song.
Thanks. I know that Langley is having very similar problems to Nanaimo. It's unavoidable here and it's a tough thing to watch.

·
Registered
414 Posts
A very nice and moving piece of music! I really love the tone and playing, congrats!

For the story behind it, I too unfortunately have friends back in France who had really bad addiction issues (luckily all managed to get back from it, but ended up loosing a lot).

·
Registered
77 Posts
Excellent song. Get that one laid down with keys, bass and drums....would be very cool.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts