The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The input jack on my Sheraton has gone flaky. I was wondering if anybody around here has any expierence or advice on how to approach replacing this. Do I have to remove a pickup to gain access ??? or do i fish a string thru and pull it in and out ??? Any help here would greatly be appreciated. If I'm going to have to pull a pickup I may also replace the pots. Thanks

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome to the wonderful world of working through your F-holes. try tying string around the parts in question and that way you can pull them back through.

This excercise is a pain in the ass.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea i thought so, I seen a thing at stew-macs page and sort of thought that would be the way. Oh well haven't got out fishing yet this year, maybe this will be it.... thanks

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well just finished putting the electronics back in the Sheraton and it sounds good. Not as much as of a nightmare as I had thought. It is a fishing excursion, just remember to leave lots of wire length and feed the pots in two at a time the switch at the end. Just wait until I decide to change the pups, I'll have to do it all again.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts