The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,472 Posts
Contextual awareness requires more cognitive resources. And THAT's why so many people do dumb stuff. They simply don't consider the contextual implications of their actions.
Yep; most people can barely handle walking down a busy sidewalk.

I was gonna ask how one can tell it's a Tesla (cuz you can't in the vid) but since it crashed after landing, that makes it easy.

·
Premium Member
18,547 Posts
My grandparents live near a school in barrie. This is a little close for me.

·
Premium Member
11,530 Posts
Those cars are so fucking fast. The modern tech doesn’t save anyone from that.

If all someone cares about as acceleration, they’re wasting they’re money on vettes, Lambos and Ferrari’s.
When the prices come down, the ricer kids will eat these up....at least we won’t have to listen to their obnoxious coffee can exhausts farting.

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts

If all someone cares about as acceleration, they’re wasting they’re money on vettes, Lambos and Ferrari’s.
When the prices come down, the ricer kids will eat these up....at least we won’t have to listen to their obnoxious coffee can exhausts farting.
Even the 2.5 tonne SUV will eat my CRX alive in an 1/8th mile.

·
Premium Member
12,980 Posts

Yep, all the better to hear their Euro-trash dance or inner-city hiphop on their mobile boomboxes. :D I'd just about opt for the coffee can. Almost.

I think we in NA drive cars for torque, not HP. Electric cars are the masters of torque (max torque at 0 RPM). Electric cars should be big sellers in NA, eventually, once we get over range anxiety. And those big batteries are going to be soooooo good at power a 10,000 watt stereo.

·
Premium Member
5,413 Posts
I think the biggest thing against people buying electric, is most of us can barely afford Hydro. Now Trudope want's us all to drive electric. (he may not have said it in so many words, but you know that's what he is shooting for). If every person in Ontario bought an electric car tomorrow, the damn hydro grid would probably implode. We are not set up to charge a few million cars on top of what we already use. So we have to jack up rates to get the infrastructure to be ahead of the game.

Reactions: Lola

·
Registered
10,878 Posts

Probably hit the "Up" button on the dash. :eek:

·
Premium Member
26,627 Posts

I rented a car to attend a conference for work about 5 or 6 years back. I asked for a compact, and the rental place provided me with a 5-cylinder Volvo C30. I have never had that much acceleration on anything I have ever, or will ever, own or driven. That thing would hit 140 if you so much as looked at it. It was scary.

G

·
I think the biggest thing against people buying electric, is most of us can barely afford Hydro. Now Trudope want's us all to drive electric. (he may not have said it in so many words, but you know that's what he is shooting for). If every person in Ontario bought an electric car tomorrow, the damn hydro grid would probably implode. We are not set up to charge a few million cars on top of what we already use. So we have to jack up rates to get the infrastructure to be ahead of the game.
Hahaha how do you twist this thread into a rant about the wonderfully smart and handsome Justin Trudeau?

·
Premium Member
6,223 Posts
I rented a car to attend a conference for work about 5 or 6 years back. I asked for a compact, and the rental place provided me with a 5-cylinder Volvo C30. I have never had that much acceleration on anything I have ever, or will ever, own or driven. That thing would hit 140 if you so much as looked at it. It was scary.
Those aren't even that quick ;)

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I like how they throw school zone in there...um, I think all the rug rats are home at time of this video.

But Tesla’s and torque??? Hell yeah, I want one. I think all vehicles made in NA should be at least hybrids by 2030. If I had my way, I’d put solar panels on my office and home and charge for free.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts