The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is not an un-common thing for this crowd. I was at L&M in Mississauga to return a used Boss pedal that was acting up. Of course they took it back no questions asked (got like that about them).

While perusing the used gear I spotted a YGM-3 re-issue. Looked really clean, a couple of scuff marks on the cab, but otherwise nice. They wanted $540 for it. Shit. Grabbed a Strat off the wall, and checked it out. After 10 mins, sales guy comes up and asks how it's going. I asked about warranty. He say's he'll throw in a 1 year for free. I walked out the door with a new amp.

This thing is so nice. And it will save/make back some of my money because I'm going to sell all my pedals (no, really). Why would you want to monkey around with that sweet, sweet tone. BTW, there maybe a Carvin amp and 600 Champ for sale on Kijiji in the west end. (Please delete that last line if I've over-stretched a rule)

·
Premium Member
4,499 Posts
Have a Traynor cab and have been impressed with the build quality. Would like to try a Traynor head someday but the little Orange Micro Dark is doing a good job atm.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a multipurpose amp; great tone and a great weightlifting workout lugging it around. Win-win.

·
Premium Member
1,398 Posts
Great amp, great price, and you won’t likely need the warranty. But it is nice to have it included. They may offer you an opportunity to renew that warranty in a year.

Mine is 1976 model, currently loaded with a Neo Jensen.

If you have a single foot switch, put it into one of the inputs. That way you can switch from high to low inputs while playing. If you have the volume knob set at noon or slightly above, with that very influential tone stack, you may experience great clean on low, and edgey drive when you dig in on the high input. Very noticeable on a bridge humbucker. Lots of versatility in a very simple tonestack.

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm updating this because I deleted the for sale thread. Picked up the Weber California from Cal today. So, so sweet in this amp. The Fender like cleans with lots of jangle but no icepick. And it also sounds good with the American sound pedal doing BF and Tweed. So yeah, this along with the YCV40 with the Red Fang Red Coat give me tons of sounds for just under a grand all in. Superb!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts