The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
2,158 Posts
Brother, I spent almost my entire teenage years doing just that.

.... the imagining part that is. Hands down best band on the planet and anyone that says otherwise, well, they are entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong :)

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brother, I spent almost my entire teenage years doing just that.

.... the imagining part that is. Hands down best band on the planet and anyone that says otherwise, well, they are entitled to their opinion even if it is wrong :)
They are on my short list of bands I would never miss if they came to town and I'm not even a metal guy. I like Jack Johnson and Coldplay.

·
Premium Member
'97 Strat Plus, 70's Northern Strat Copy
2,158 Posts
I like a lot of music and my tastes vary more than I care to admit. Metallica however, they are on a different level. Sure, they became a commercial band whatever that means, but it is because for going on 40 years now they are Metal, period. They set the stage for a lot of things in my opinion and have stood the test of time in the music industry. It is hard to climb that high without people trying to knock you off, but in my heart, always number one.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Metallica aren't my favourite, but I do like a lot of their stuff: they are undeniable at this point even if they did lose their way for a while there.

I just marvel at how, after all this time, they are physically capable of doing what they do. Lars and James especially -- playing at that punishing pace for a whole tour in your 50s must get to hurting after a while.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I started playing Metallica back in the late 80s (just after Iron Maiden). I play the Hardwired riff sometimes when I pick up the electric. I always play the Puppets intro - it's a great warm up.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Years ago, I worked for a while at a friend's studio which also doubled as rehearsal space. At least one or two bands (usually teenagers) would play Metallica covers on a daily basis. We started thinking that Metallica has done more to encourage music education than any program.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts