The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was -44 again this morning.

I often think about the folk who lived up here in the Yukon (or The North, in general) before electricity and gasoline. I mean, I'm up here in an oil-heated home with electricity and running water, food from around the Globe, medication, internet....

I'm humbled by both what we were able to endure, and how far we've come.

And so here I am - the middle of winter in the North and I'm sitting inside, warm, well-fed, playing electric guitar.

I'm a lucky guy.

·
Premium Member
10,446 Posts
I can't understand why ppl choose to live where you do, but I admire and applaud your positivity!

Reactions: Moot

·
Premium Member
5,908 Posts
I can't understand why ppl choose to live where you do, but I admire and applaud your positivity!
It was around -30 in Halifax today. Sometimes I wonder why the French and British chose to settle this far North. First winter and I'd have been headed South in a hurry.

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Nice! One of my kids was in Yukon last summer on vacation. Her pictures were amazing. She gets to travel the north a bit for work and loves it, even in winter. Maybe living in Ottawa makes her do it.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is so unfortunate that our border with the USA doesn't go north <>south instead of east <>west.
Now that you mention it, that does seem like a glaring oversight!

·
Premium Member
5,622 Posts
we're only in the -20's here in central Alberta, but we've got more snow on the ground than we've had in the last several years. I think I hate the snow worse than the cold.

One of the kids is in a "snowpitch" tournament this weekend. Not my idea of baseball weather. I guess the hot trick is to hit a grounder, and run around the bases while 3 people dig in the snow looking for the ball.

I guess there's a good reason 90% of Canadians live within 100 miles of the US border. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts