The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24,689 Posts
Actually, the "Life is a Highway" video was a running gag on Family Guy the other night. (see the 1:45 mark)

I had always paid attention to the first couple of verses of "Big League" but had never realized how chillingly prophetic the song turned later on. What starts out as a song of hope soon turns into a eulogy. Even moreso, now.

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
I always liked that one. Highway I got tired of real quick; much more overplayed and the lyrics don't do anything for me.

Reactions: keto

·
Premium Member
3,209 Posts
It's weird - I can do it when it's my own song, but ask me to sing any of the songs by other people than give me big feels and, yeah, just can't get through it. Feel so much better after tryin tho; let that shit out boys.

·
Registered
18,563 Posts
I'm always amazed when a performer can do this sort of thing and stay detached enough to get through it. I'd be a mess!
Whenever I've had to do something in front of an audience that's very emotional, I go over and over it out loud and sometimes in front of my wife until I get the emotions under control. Many of my friends do the same. It seems to work in getting the crying out of your system.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts