The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello, I just joined in! I'm usually on HC but I think I'll spend more time in here with my fellow canadians!! What a great opportunity for canadian musicians to exchange on different subjects. I'm glad I joined in!!

You'll probably see me posting quite often!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will, thanks!!!

This is so cool, a canadian guitar forum!!

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a lot!!!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey, welcome to the forums.:wave:

GC>HC:rockon2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
searchin4signal said:
I gotta say HI !

(....he has a Wolfgang !!)

And I love it!! it's one of the most underrated guitar. I got it because it was one guitar model that I had never played with and if it wasn't working out, I could still sell it and try to make a small profit. It's the first instrument I bought without even trying it first. It was love at first sight! The neck is just the best! I'm still thinking about geting another one but with the D-Tuna. No way I'm selling my Wolfie!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi. Wannabe checkin' in.

Hi. I found your site today, mainly out of frustration.

I've been a guitar playing wannabe since my teens at the start of the Stones/Beatles era 40+ years ago but I must be dyslexic when it comes to guitar playing as nothing ever made sense.

Fast forward to about ten years ago when I thought I'd give it another shot. I went out and bought a nice Mexican Strat Plus and took up with a succession of three instructors but I got nowhere with them and quit in frustration. Sure I can play all the chords and I'm a whizz at bar chords but I just don't progress and nothing comes natural. I just love the 'blues' but I can't play even a simple blues lick to save my life.

In the last couple of weeks I got the urge again (before it's just too late!) and wondered if the computer age could jolt me into guitar stardom. I've been checking Google for guitar instruction and came up with these sites -

http://guitar-lesson-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
http://emediamusic.com/products.html
http://www.learnandmasterguitar.com/index.htm

What motivation can you guys throw at me? Am I on the right track with those website resources?

I think if I could spend time with another player without the clock and $$ hanging in the balance I could learn something but I don't know anyone who can play. Well yeah I did know a couple of guys but they weren't remotely interested when I hinted.

Hello & help! :confused-smiley-010

Mike T.
Fender Strat (Mex).
Gibson Blueshawk.

·
Administrator
15,823 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can dig where you are coming from. I have very little time to get together with anyone, with work, the kids and so on. So what I did and suggest you do is get some of the Guitar Technique or Total guitar mags. These come with 3-5 songs per issue and will have full backing tracks on a CD for you to play along with. The tracks are done by professional musicians and are really well done. You normally get 2 tracks, one with the guitar parts and then one without. The lessons offered in both mags are very good as well.

Hope you find that they help you out.

·
Registered
187 Posts
dufe32 said:
And I love it!! it's one of the most underrated guitar. I got it because it was one guitar model that I had never played with and if it wasn't working out, I could still sell it and try to make a small profit. It's the first instrument I bought without even trying it first. It was love at first sight! The neck is just the best! I'm still thinking about geting another one but with the D-Tuna. No way I'm selling my Wolfie!!
No kiddin !
The neck fits me very very well....after I bought my first one (Black Special) I HAD to get the Standard (Ivory Stoptail).....then I saw one on TGP last month.....and HAD to get #3 (Green Standard)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh man, it's just gorgeous!! Mine is a Special, all black with the maple oiled neck. Tell me, how's the D-Tuna keeping in tune? Is it good? These Wolfies are getting hard to get, especially if you don't go on Evil Bay. I need to get one with the D-Tuna!! Gorgeous guitar, we will have to start that "Wolfie owners Mob" very soon!!

:rockon:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts