The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I "played" one of these at Folkway music today (the one they have is black with an aged finish). It was beautiful! Fully hollow and between the 339 and 335 body size.
In addition, it weighed easily under 6.0 pounds!
Unfortunately it was $7,445.00.

I blew my allowance and bought 2 picks for $5.00 total.

So many fantastic guitars in that store!!

·
Premium Member
17,365 Posts
The price of the picks hurts more than the price of the guitar.

That's PRS private stock pricing, to entice you over :p

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's PRS private stock pricing, to entice you over :p
I don't know anything about PRS guitars...but I know how much you appreciate them.

There is a used one at Cambridge L&M for around $3,000.00 that is fully hollow and looks something like this:

(@Hamstrung has seen it might know the model).
It seems like it might have some helium filled cavities somewhere inside the body!...Seriously!

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
I don't know anything about PRS guitars...but I know how much you appreciate them.

There is a used one at Cambridge L&M for around $3,000.00 that is fully hollow and looks something like this:

(@Hamstrung has seen it might know the model).
It seems like it might have some helium filled cavities somewhere inside the body!...Seriously!
It’s a Hollowbody 2, which are fantastic, by all accounts.

·
Premium Member
17,365 Posts
Now I wish I had $3k or had asked for a more expensive birthday gift hahaha :/

·
Premium Member
2,515 Posts
Although the one in your pic, @greco, looks like a McCarty 594 Semi Hollow, which is a holy grail. Probably a Private Stock, too, if the finishing and inlays are any indication.

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have one and its incredible. Will handle anything from jazz to heavy rock and as you said, super light weight. I grabbed mine from a US dealer and paid about 1K less than the price that you mentioned.
Did you get this fairly recently? I thought they were somewhat of a newer model.

Do you think my wife would miss her 2014 Nissan Versa Note if I traded it for one of these?

·
Premium Member
1,785 Posts
Did you get this fairly recently? I thought they were somewhat of a newer model.

Do you think my wife would miss her 2014 Nissan Versa Note if I traded it for one of these?
I got it in April....total impulse buy. I'd sold some other guitars and had money in my Paypal account and made the mistake of looking around on Reverb :)

·
Administrator
16,709 Posts
2014 Midtown Custom.

Everything has a price :)

Reactions: jdto

·
Premium Member
17,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I know you were, but I'm not, LOL.
I'm really trying to keep a lid on my gear spending...especially after just getting the DV Little Jazz amp.

Thanks for the temptation. Imagining what it would be like to have was fun while it lasted..albeit even for a short time...LOL

1 - 20 of 28 Posts