The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
that's a healthy thing to do every now and then. enjoy the hiatus.

Reactions: bolero

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Take lots of pictures.

Reactions: greco

·
Registered
9,361 Posts
I think it’s time I went on hiatus as well!

I have a serious health issue that needs immediate attention.

Addio per ora

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
I just dont want anyone wanting "some to talk with" - not having anyone to turn to. these days checkin out (and all other versions of such comments) often would benefit from just a real voice to chat with. someone who is sincerely caring. I can say that I`ve often offered to be this person for others. (decades of experience ) - the offer stands.

this is a community right. well rock on if anyone want an uplifting chat!!!

enough "huggy" stuff, back to rock and roll.

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
What you want to do is shut off the news feed on your phone. The world will catch on fire whether you are watching or not. Don't bother checking facebook/twitter etc. What you don't want to do is cut off from your real life personal contacts. Go see friends, leave the phone charging in the car and ignore it and have real life human interactions. I don't know if I'm reading too much into this but it sounds like you might be suffering from some seasonal depression. I'm a sufferer myself. Take lots of vitamin D, start an exercise routine and up the guitar practicing. Winters are tough in the great white north. The internet in general is shit for mental health. Tune out of the nonsense online or on the cable news networks and tune in to what makes you happy in the physical world around you.

P.s. if you want to use forums like this as a social outlet you have to be thick skinned. Some people will read a post like yours and take the 3 seconds it takes to post something like "quitter" as a response just cause they can't help themselves. They seek attention, can't help but responding to whatever they see online cause they are craving the little buzz they get from getting another like online somewhere. Some might call them a troll, I'd call them useless. A better man than me might call them out completely worthless as a part of a community like this one.
The great part of a forum like this is the genuine info you can get from informed members about specific gear, a good price guide for what things are worth used, an excellent for sale section and some eye candy from the great gear people post. For years I have barely looked at anything on here that didn't have a NGD/NADor FS/FT affix on it. When I have I've seen some serious nonsense that has made me wonder why this place is any better than TGP or HC. It's always the same members causing shit and derailing threads. If you come back just use the ignore list hard and enjoy.

·
Registered
12,267 Posts
P.s. if you want to use forums like this as a social outlet you have to be thick skinned. Some people will read a post like yours and take the 3 seconds it takes to post something like "quitter" as a response just cause they can't help themselves. They seek attention, can't help but responding to whatever they see online cause they are craving the little buzz they get from getting another like online somewhere. Some might call them a troll, I'd call them useless. A better man than me might call them out completely worthless as a part of a community like this one.
The great part of a forum like this is the genuine info you can get from informed members about specific gear, a good price guide for what things are worth used, an excellent for sale section and some eye candy from the great gear people post. For years I have barely looked at anything on here that didn't have a NGD/NADor FS/FT affix on it. When I have I've seen some serious nonsense that has made me wonder why this place is any better than TGP or HC. It's always the same members causing shit and derailing threads. If you come back just use the ignore list hard and enjoy.

·
Premium Member
4,253 Posts
.....derailing threads. If you come back just use the ignore list hard and enjoy.
I’m gonna start doing this.

I went to a seminar on just This. The whole like button fenomenon. It triggers the dopamine and the cycle begins.

@Destropiate wise words. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts