The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Yes, the possibilities are endless. However, anyone can do an article like that about any product made in China. I'm certainly not defending 'Made in China', but where do you think the components in the computer you're using were made? How about the TV, DVD, PVR, Digital Top Box in your house? How about your toaster? Your microwave? The list is endless...

Fear mongering won't help this situation one bit. Companies and consumers need to be proactive, instead of knee-jerk reactions like this article.

IMO.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What?!? You guys actually took time out of your lives to read it? I just thought it was funny that maybe on the horizon we would have USA Customshop and Private Stock strings............

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
What?!? You guys actually took time out of your lives to read it? I just thought it was funny that maybe on the horizon we would have USA Customshop and Private Stock strings............
LOL... too true. And at only $49.95 a set, you're guaranteed not to die from playing guitar and then eating a sandwich.

My diatribe wasn't directed at you... Stuff like that drives me crazy. As I said, the very computer he posted that on has more parts made or assembled in Asia then are ever done for a guitar. Just pure nonsense...

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
LMAO

The movement to eliminate Hexavalent Chromium from our products was pushed into overdrive by the movie Erin Brokovitch.

I've been working on eliminating it from the products my company sells for years now. It was initially the European Union that mandated a deadline for elimination of these materials.

Once the automakers discovered that Trivalent Chromium cost twice as much and was half as good at corrosion resistance, the deadlines miraculously moved back significantly.

The truth is that you'd have to take a freaking bath in the stuff to have any real negative impact to your health.

It's wise to eliminate it as well as lead, cadmium and mercury from items we come into direct contact with, but as with most issues, people get carried away.

Anyway, I'm not interested in compromising my sound for the sake of a couple of dollars off a set of strings.

·
Premium Member
16,492 Posts
Yes I did, and if anyone ever tells you it doesn't hurt, they are full of it.

Been there done that.

Yeah there are a lot of things I can remember enjoying more.

I could feel the knife. It was numb but not completely. It's a disconcerting sensation to feel something down there and to know somone has just....

Well.

Take it easy man.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts