The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I wonder if you knew that you were checking out soon...would you roll up a large debt?
whenever that question appears, i always think of the jerry lewis movie "hook, line, and sinker". jerry lewis' doctor is doin his wife. he tells him he has a terminal illness, expecting him to kill himself. jerry decides he wants to go out with a bang. he goes around the world, living it up, spending all kinds of money he doesn't have. then he finds out the truth...

For now, all music related purchases are cash or paypal. I don’t ever finance or buy something on credit.
i financed my bike, but only because i needed to build a credit history to enable me to buy this house. i had the cash i needed at the time, i didn't need the loan for the money. if it wasn't for needing a loan, i probably wouldn't have bought the bike in the first place. the car i drive is an 08, i paid cash for that. i took out a personal loan for $1000, but never spent the money. i just needed a payment history that was at least a year long, by the time i applied for a mortgage.
i otherwise agree, i don't finance anything unless i'm forced to.

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
It's not just money. People are just tired of putting up with bullshit, mismanagement, nepotism/old boys clubs, etc.

This is the biggest reason people quit—and it's 10 times more important than pay
agree. i have had a couple jobs that paid insane money, and i quit them for that very reason.
on the other side of the coin, i have had a couple jobs that i absolutely loved, and if i could have afforded to stay there, i would be there right now. i left because the job didn't pay enough to live on. in both cases, it wasn't my employer being cheap. in one case, i just didn't have the skills to make me worth more money to them. in the other, they weren't making much. it was a small, new company, and my boss wasn't making any more money than i was, but he worked 7 days a week, mostly 16 hr days. he was a great guy to work for, and he's still my good friend, 25 yrs after.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Witness the current reduced car manufacturing because of a chip shortage.
People seem to forget that the chips they can't get for cars are the same ones that go into TV's, computers, Ovens, etc, etc, etc. and yes, even....guitar pedals.

I was listening to a podcast a little while back and Brian Wampler mentioned "There's a reason that every new release right now is drive pedals."

·
Registered
690 Posts
I'm another one who's benefited financially from COVID. A few aches & pains for 7 days, then a windfall for 2 years - was worth it. But I'll need it to brave the storm coming.

As for Fender, I hand picked this cheapo Tele when I was out of town last week and couldn't take it with me, so I had them ship it. For chrissakes...didn't know UPS were relicers.
Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
6,910 Posts
whenever that question appears, i always think of the jerry lewis movie "hook, line, and sinker". jerry lewis' doctor is doin his wife. he tells him he has a terminal illness, expecting him to kill himself. jerry decides he wants to go out with a bang. he goes around the world, living it up, spending all kinds of money he doesn't have. then he finds out the truth...
Its actually not "Hook, Line and Sinker" Your referencing. The movie is actually called "Livin it Up" and is one of my favorite Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis movies.

·
Registered
13,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Its actually not "Hook, Line and Sinker" Your referencing. The movie is actually called "Livin it Up" and is one of my favorite Dean Martin, Jerry Lewis movies.
similar premise, but no. in your defense, i did get part of the plot wrong. i haven't seen this movie since i was a kid

·
Premium Member
27,740 Posts
I'm another one who's benefited financially from COVID. A few aches & pains for 7 days, then a windfall for 2 years - was worth it. But I'll need it to brave the storm coming.

As for Fender, I hand picked this cheapo Tele when I was out of town last week and couldn't take it with me, so I had them ship it. For chrissakes...didn't know UPS were relicers.
View attachment 397636
Maybe they merged with United Airlines?

61 - 70 of 70 Posts