The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup...

...participate in a couple other forums and I thought that, since I'm a Montreal guy, I'd drop in here and see what a Canadian bass forum is like.

I'm a long time player, current gear: 80's Fender P deluxe, Ibanez BTB, Eden rig. I play anything outside of Rap & Opera. Groove is king.

So, Hi y'all.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
hey welcome to the forums
:food-smiley-004:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hey Flatball; Welcome, great bunch here!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michelle said:
Hey Flatball; Welcome, great bunch here!
I'm guessing you're a lefty. Don't be freaked out. Sometimes I justy have an eerie sense about these kind of things.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Don't tell anyone, ok FB. They tried to fix me when I was a kid but I was totally resistive to corrective punishment, just like now. :wave: See! It's a conspiracy, even the wave guy is a lefty!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi Flatball, good to see you here!

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm sure that's possible although I'm not one of them. How's the new (to you) Pbass?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new bass is great! There was a gain mismatch between pickups because the bridge pickup was too low so I raised it and now it's fine but the real scoop is that I have not even been really able to test ddrive this thing since I got it. I'm in the middle of a month of arena shows. I'm using the P and it sounds great as is, but I've only heard it so far in a hockey arena. I can't wait to get it home and experiment with EQ and all that. This weekend is closing weekend so next week I get to fart around with it.

·
Registered
182 Posts
You're right. Maybe we oughta get Bryan over here.

I'm glad the bass is working out. I love maple fingerboards.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Brand New Too!

I just joined this forum today. I am a brand new bass player in Calgary area. Played a bit when I was a teen, in the 60s, and now that I am retired I am getting back into it at the age of 60! Should be fun. I am primarily a hobby drummer but you know that most drummers want to be bass players ... or just haul around less stuff!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Welcome! It's a little quiet around here, but I think this forum is relatively new and I'm hoping that it will liven up.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Flatball said:
Welcome! It's a little quiet around here, but I think this forum is relatively new and I'm hoping that it will liven up.

You guys might have to venture outside the confinments of the Bass forum, mingle with the Canadian primadonna guitar players.

Michelle does it all the time we havent' bit her yet. :tongue:

·
Registered
737 Posts
Jeff Flowerday said:
You guys might have to venture outside the confinments of the Bass forum, mingle with the Canadian primadonna guitar players.

Michelle does it all the time we havent' bit her yet. :tongue:
ah-haha, just saw this Jeff! Everyone is cool here. :food-smiley-004:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts