The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
Actually that page is a few months or more old. Hope they're still in stock. I picked one up too just to see what the fuss was about. Wow what an eye opener! Here's my experience:

As a lead player who had the role thrust upon me, my method of cutting through the mix was to switch to the bridge pickup, and hit a boost. But I found there's no need to do either with the Klon KTR. The mid range focus takes care of cutting through the mix. The volume knob takes care of whatever boost you want. It has become a terrific new tool in my toolkit of sound. Can't imagine giving it up.

·
Premium Member
3,251 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Same here :(

(but bought one anyways)
Same here, ended up getting dinged $32.85 for "shipping" on the return that never shipped in the first place....

Call me crazy but with all the colorful shit on the sides of the page a small icon with change to CAD isn't that noticeable. My mistake for not noticing it obviously, first and last I guess.

·
Premium Member
4,570 Posts
The owner of axeandyoushallreceive.com is a member here at GC. Just can't remember his name. He used to post here more frequently.

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
Does anyone know how close these come to the originals? I'm thinking if they get even 3/4 of the way there why would anyone spend 2k or more on one of the originals? That much money could buy a really nice amp.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The owner of axeandyoushallreceive.com is a member here at GC. Just can't remember his name. He used to post here more frequently.
Indeed, i did get to post here a bit more often but then my children got old enough to start playing rep. basketball and that has chewed up my "fun" time a bit for the last few years. Thanmks for remembering me :)

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well according to this review I guess they found the KTR and original Centaur were identical in tone. The KTR being much more pedal board friendly and offering true by pass makes it more useable for gigging.

Legendary Tones - Klon Centaur vs. Klon KTR
Bill is likely the best judge of the tone and if any one knows Bill, there is no chance he would release anything that was not perfect to his ears. The only real difference ot my ears is that you can turn the Treble control up a little higher on the KTR than the Centaur (say 10-15% more). It actually makes the pedal a bit more versatile for my own uses since you can put it in front of a non-master marshall and completely obliterate the input with a bit more treble laden boost.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I think it’s that the page usually says out of stock and it doesn’t currently say that.
We are back out of stock on them for now, but should have another bunch within the next month of so with any luck. Quite a few other dealers across Canada may still have stock, so hit me up if any one is needing one in a hurry. I can likely put you in touch with whomever still has stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts