The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
It depends on how many marriages they've already been through that went down the shitter before this one.

·
Registered
18,557 Posts
Just say: "I would love to be there but circumstances beyond my control are preventing me". Best wishes, love, etc., etc.

·
Premium Member
10,856 Posts
Heck, it took us forever to decide how big or small we wanted our wedding. Surely if the couple struggles to decide who to invite it's quite all right for folks to struggle with the decision to attend.

It's a family member? Even then, when someone can decline as graciously as possible, then the betrothed can accept it as graciously as possible. We should not hold another's feelings against them.

Your mileage may vary, but I've found I sleep better when I don't get my bustle in a hedgerow over another's largely inconsequential decisions.

·
Premium Member
9,451 Posts
some of you simps got trolled mighty easy in this one.

butterknuckets testing out his stand-up material on y'all and youre acting like its a serious dilemma.

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
We beat ourselves up constantly over things. If you honestly can't make because of certain circumstances then you must state your case and get on with your life. You can worry about what the bride and groom may think but in all honesty, what can you really do about the situation?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
some of you simps got trolled mighty easy in this one.

butterknuckets testing out his stand-up material on y'all and youre acting like its a serious dilemma.
This is actually a serious thread.

A family member (sibling) has been talking about having a destination wedding for two years now. I think it's wrong to make everyone travel out of the country for a wedding, just so you can get a good deal if enough people sign up.

We don't really get a long that well either.

My passport is expired and I'm not renewing it anyway, so there!

·
Registered
9,282 Posts
This is actually a serious thread.

A family member (sibling) has been talking about having a destination wedding for two years now. I think it's wrong to make everyone travel out of the country for a wedding, just so you can get a good deal if enough people sign up.

We don't really get a long that well either.

My passport is expired and I'm not renewing it anyway, so there!
Destination weddings are so expensive! Nice if you can afford it but we can't.

·
Registered
750 Posts
TA family member (sibling) has been talking about having a destination wedding for two years now.
People do that ?
You have to be an uncaring and self-centered person to impose that on your family and friends.
They should expect that a lot of invitees won't show up. Easy answer from me would be: if you pay for it, I'll come. If not, can't afford it.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts