The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
14,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...what guitar would you want?

I'd pick THE Les Paul--a limited edition Les Paul from the mid 70's.
The pickguard, volume/tone knobs, pickup mounting rings, etc, was all wood.
Just about anything that's plastic on a Les Paul was wood.

They looked and sounded great.

They were about $3000 new--that's based on the value of a dollar 30 years ago.

I'll never own one--but I can dream.

·
Banned
5,368 Posts
one of these 3..:) since i've already for 5 strats, i'de go with some Gibson, even if i already have a realy nice LP.

or

·
Premium Member
13,062 Posts
A Gustavson Bluesmaster and a Trainwreck amp.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
1. a genuine vintage strat
2. a custom shop strat
3. a custom shop tele
4. a custom shop sg
5. a custom shop les paul

oh, darn, there goes the alarm clock...

-dh

·
Premium Member
16,682 Posts
I suppose a custom hand built.

I have a quote from a builder named Bluesville and with the options I want it's still under $2000.

I've played one of his and it's twice the guitar as many of the well known name brands costing $1000 more.

·
Registered
131 Posts
If money were no object, the first thing I would want.

A set of PRS Private Stock Custom 22's. Both would be stained in purple, one with a flamed maple top, the other with a quilted maple top. Brazilian rosewood fretboard, maybe some onyx bird inlays with silver outlines, the works! :eek:

Next in line would be a Private Stock PRS again, but maybe in Bonnie Pink, and afterward a Gibson LP Custom in Silverburst.

·
Registered
365 Posts
'70's Fender Telecaster Deluxe

·
Registered
14,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
A lot of nice tempting stuff listed. I'll stick with "The Les Paul"

But if I had to choose a new guitar--I'd go for something from Gibson's Custom shop. Maybe go with an SG style.

·
Premium Member
11,016 Posts
One guitar wouldn't do it but right now, I'm gassing for a pair of Selmer/Maccaferri style swing guitars, one of each general type (small hole and large hole). Michael Dunn makes some nice ones as do several other good shops. Each would have to have great pickups (making them electric and suitable for this discussion), a Calton case and a Reunion Blues gigbag.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Just for the perverse joy of it, one of those high-end Gretches in Cadillac Green.

And then... about two or three hundred other guitars... and a vault to throw 'em in.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I'd definitely pick up one of these... Just love blue guitars..

[/IMG]

There are a few others out there I would like to have, like all the ones faracaster has for sale, or will have in the future. I'd even help old crow out and take that LP off his hands.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts