The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some stunning, excellent guitars currently for sale in our "For Sale" section.

If I had a million dollars, many of them wouldn't be there anymore. Such great eye-candy.

{And, as a bonus, you don't have to get them shipped to the border.}

·
Registered
14,573 Posts
Gearwise?
A National reso--& Hughes & Kettner amp, probably some pedals--and definitely some recording stuff & a keyboard--
but hat's just gear stuff--most of it wouldn't be spent on gear.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
What ?! A million dollars ?!
Would order three or four acoustics with cutaway and stop struggling to choose only one ! :)

Seriously, would first put the million at the bank... Then reserve an amout for a brand new car next year.
Then invite all the family to gather at a rustic inn in the woods for Christmas Eve ! :)
And the rest of the million ? Well, surely give some to charity... ;-)
Oh ! Get the house paint refreshed... says my wife...

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
If I had a million dollars, my gear collection would likely change very little, and my buying pattern would likely stay similar to what it is.

That kind of money doesn’t go very far when you have so many people in your life that need help.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
If I had a million dollars I would have to eat craft dinner. But I’d still eat craft dinner. .... I’d be rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I had a million dollars I wouldn't be lurking around here.
Awww, c'mon, admit it. You'd miss some of the shenanigans and be back eventually - even if you had your butler do the 'keyboarding' for you.

Truth be told, I usually don't do the 'if I won the lottery' thing, because I never play. I get by with what I got. I was taken back by some of the nice stuff in the 'For sale' section and I guess that started the whole chain reaction.

I was also reminded of a meme I saw a while ago, saying "this is what GC would look like right after I win the lotto".

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 65 Fender Tremolux and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,111 Posts
Awww, c'mon, admit it. You'd miss some of the shenanigans and be back eventually - even if you had your butler do the 'keyboarding' for you.

Truth be told, I usually don't do the 'if I won the lottery' thing, because I never play. I get by with what I got. I was taken back by some of the nice stuff in the 'For sale' section and I guess that started the whole chain reaction.

I was also reminded of a meme I saw a while ago, saying "this is what GC would look like right after I win the lotto".

If I won the lottery it would have to be a significant amount for me to be able to make the forum look like that. Between wife's student debt, mortgage, car and planning for kids tuition I could burn through a modest lottery windfall in an hour and have nothing left to spend on gear!

Reactions: High/Deaf

·
Registered
662 Posts
I’d probably order a custom Dingwall bass and then use the rest to travel; the girlfriend and I have been wanting to travel to Iceland and a few other places we have in mind.

I couldn’t see me spending any more than a few thousand dollars from any winnings on musical equipment though, if I spend any at all.

Everything I currently own plays at or above my playing level, so any new pieces wouldn’t be helping me grow as a musician; it’d just be a new piece to tinker with.

·
Premium Member
9,736 Posts
I think any other gear I got would be a vanity play...not anything that would enhance my playing...so Id pay for some lessons, put in an inground swimming pool and get a new daily driver, travel and invest.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
If I won the lottery it would have to be a significant amount for me to be able to make the forum look like that. Between wife's student debt, mortgage, car and planning for kids tuition I could burn through a modest lottery windfall in an hour and have nothing left to spend on gear!
Been there and have done that already.

P

·
0 Posts
One '59 Les Paul- $275k
One '57 Strat $150k
Two Dumble amps for stereo playing- $250k
Pedalboard all set up- $50k
Some recording gear $ 250k

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
I wouldn’t have lost sleep last night thinking about how I just got F’ed over by another forum member.

Anyone interested in a tele minus a body? Body can be included if intended for firewood. You can use some of my cash to start the fire too, apparently I have money to burn.

Yes that is the wambulance you hear lol.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts