The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,033 Posts
I have an image of a few dozen parts following you home in a parade (or second line?) and then self-assembling in your living room. I pretty sure I'm slightly off. What's the real story?

Reactions: gtone

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
More story ? Was it a good deal? What are these worth usually. ? I'd love a Marshall with trem.
Deal was…ok.
The kits go from $510USD with nothing (no glass,cab or speaker) to $1350USD fully assembled. Plus shipping,tax, yada -yada.
So, yeah, less than half that CAD is a good deal.
I have an image of a few dozen parts following you home in a parade (or second line?) and then self-assembling in your living room. I pretty sure I'm slightly off. What's the real story?
When I was a kid about 6, there was this pup down near the local park. It was crying & dirty & looked like it needed a good dinner.
With the help of a few peanut butter crusts I had jammed in my pocket, she "followed me home"
We tried the whole ad in the local paper, posters & the likes. (Pre-internet & no pound in our town)
So, "Wednesday" became my best friend for many years.
So the joke always was with me, "Did it follow you home?"

Sent from my other brain.

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very nice! Hows it sound?
Great amp! Hows that ET 65 speaker in it?
Well, today is the day.
I will get some time this afternoon to put it thru it's paces. And record some stuff.
From the quick demo it was tight, not too top-end heavy, but had that "Alright Now" Kossoff grunt.
Turned it up to half way to give the tubes a bit of life, for a 112 combo, peeled the paint off the walls in a good way.
The selling point was the weight.
Light. (Will weigh it, but easy one hander)

Reactions: Moot

·
Premium Member
12,033 Posts
When I was a kid about 6, there was this pup down near the local park. It was crying & dirty & looked like it needed a good dinner.
With the help of a few peanut butter crusts I had jammed in my pocket, she "followed me home"
We tried the whole ad in the local paper, posters & the likes. (Pre-internet & no pound in our town)
So, "Wednesday" became my best friend for many years.
So the joke always was with me, "Did it follow you home?"
Oh, I've heard the term many times, and often regarding musical instruments. It's happened to me as well (hey, sometimes a deal is just too damn good to say No to. And credit cards are the devil's spawn - or would that be splawn?).

It was more the 'kit' aspect that I was referring to, but I knew what you meant. I just thought entropy was against you. They are far more likely to disassemble themselves than the opposite.

Now go and crank it up. :D

Reactions: bzrkrage

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Reactions: sambonee

·
Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well let's see if this works.
I just recorded this in the man cave.
Rhythm guitar is a stock Epi 339 on bridge. Amp on 3,tone 5 with tremolo > AR5 ribbon mic> flat mixer > flat GarageBand.
Leadish guitar is 2012 LP Classic bridge > Amp vol 5 tone 3 no trem> same setting & mic (+ GB Reverb 25%)
https://soundcloud.com/http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fgavinj98%2Falrighty-now

Reactions: davetcan

·
Registered
569 Posts
"It followed me home"

That happens to me all the time. I think they can smell the other amps on me and know they'll get a lot of love at my place.

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
that is a really nice amp!!

always liked those things

congrats!

Reactions: bzrkrage
1 - 19 of 19 Posts