The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if those much more versed than me can tell from this pic what the circuit is? It’s for sale nearby and the seller is unsure exactly what it is. Thinks it’s maybe a champ? Just wondering if it’s worth driving a bit to check out. I believe it’s a 6v6. Sorry if a dumb question I just don’t know enough by looking what to expect.

·
Premium Member
5,160 Posts
Looks like it has all the right stuff to be a champ circuit. Only thing I see out of the norm is that rather that 2 wires used to heat the tubes, only 1 wire is used and the chassis ground ground makes up the other "wire". Common with older, repurposed transformers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it has all the right stuff to be a champ circuit. Only thing I see out of the norm is that rather that 2 wires used to heat the tubes, only 1 wire is used and the chassis ground ground makes up the other "wire". Common with older, repurposed transformers.
Awesome thanks. Im thinking it’s worth checking out then As I’m a champ fan.
Dan

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any idea what it might be worth Or what would be a reasonable offer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts