The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK amp guys, what the heck is this thing? Has no brand name or labels of any kind according to it's owner (a guy I work with... he has another old one with no name, but I was able to quickly ID that one as a Garnet stencil amp)

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Beltone from Sears. Rated at 5watts. 1964 or 65

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Lester B. Flat said:
...and four inputs so the whole band can play through it! :smilie_flagge17:
Better than wasting money on one of them fancy mixers. :wink:

·
Registered
64 Posts
OK bobb, how did you do it? What gave it away and what reference information did you use to verify the amp? Great work man! I was TOTALLY in the dark.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
That was my first amp way back then. Mine was identical to the pic that Robboman found, complete with the purple tolex-style covering.

·
Premium Member
2,034 Posts
Oh Yeah Beltone it is. Just missing the big "B" on the grill cloth. Many friends of mine in the early sixties had that amp. Always would crank up the trem on that sucker as my amp didn't have it. "Crimson and Clover" baby. I had a Symphonic myself.

Pete

·
Registered
208 Posts
bobb said:
That was my first amp way back then. Mine was identical to the pic that Robboman found, complete with the purple tolex-style covering.
That tolex is a dead giveaway, huh. I had a bigger model with two twelves, similar layout, with that characteristic inclined grille and the jutting buttresses on each side. One day, while wanking, it went BANG and started to smell very bad, probably burning polychlorinated biphenyls (PCB's) in the capacitors. I'm still alive. I think.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts