The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's an ibanez WD7(?), the weeping demon, in a local pawn shop that I can get for $65. What do you think? Anybody had ay experience with this pedal. My crybaby's kinda sketchy and I dont really like its tone.

:thanks5qx:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump for somebody to answer my question.

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Xanadu
I have a weeping demon wd7..I got as a gift from the kids....I have been using for about 1.5 years...
and I like this pedal.....It can give you vintage and modern wah tones...and bass wah
and works great as a volume pedal....it is preset switchable or can be used as a classic pedal wah,,,and has locking tone controls...
I find it also compresses a bit for some earlier break up...when I use my tube amp...nice for searing sustain...
and was great on the clean channel with the digital marshall amp..but a little sharp with the gain cranked...on the overdrive....but still searing...
all in all a good wah pedal,,,,and is built good and solid...

for 65 bucks....you cant go wrong...I know the kids paid considerably more for mine....

keep on jammin
Auger

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Auger is right, just look at what they are going for on ebay. You certainly won't lose on the deal and with it being July 1 and the GST a whole percent less you are saving even more than it you had bought it last week..he he he

Pick it up, try it out, post your thoughts here so the rest of us can get an idea and then flip it over if you don't like it. I do it all the time with stuff and honestly, most times I come out slightly ahead if not breaking even.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright will do, the pawn shop's not open on sunday, so ill get in monday afternoon.:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ripper said:
Once you get a chance to try it out, let us know what you think. I've thought about trying one myself.
no problem:rockon2:

·
Registered
214 Posts
hey Xanadu
LIke I said you cant go wrong for that money...

I would like to add that If you will be using an adapter instead of nine volt batteries...it is best you buy the the one Ibanez sells,the "generic" one I bought
made a little hum thru the digital amp....
there was absolutley no hum with the nine volt...battery

and I had left out that there is a fine tuning knob under the pedal....
and effect delay range.....knob there as well..

good luck....let us know how you make out...and sound..

keep on jammin
Auger

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
auger said:
hey Xanadu
LIke I said you cant go wrong for that money...

I would like to add that If you will be using an adapter instead of nine volt batteries...it is best you buy the the one Ibanez sells,the "generic" one I bought
made a little hum thru the digital amp....
there was absolutley no hum with the nine volt...battery

and I had left out that there is a fine tuning knob under the pedal....
and effect delay range.....knob there as well..

good luck....let us know how you make out...and sound..

keep on jammin
Auger

SHIT!!! I was dropping friends off after my party this morning, right beside the pawn shop, and I forgot to go get the pedal. SHIT:mad:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i picked the pedal up today, before work, the guy gave it to me for $50 plus tax, so it came to $57. which is awesome since they retail for $200. I was gonna try to test it when i got home from work, but on my way home from work, at a gas station, i ran into a friend of mine that goes to school with me, and her best friend. I live 30min away from school, and the gas station is near my house, so bumping into them was pretty weird. Anyway they were going to a party, but they had the address wrong, so they decided to come back to my place and drink.. YAY!! so now im pretty drunk, and the pedal sounds GREAT!!!

ill tell you what I think about it affter i sober up and give it a good workout:food-smiley-015:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This pedal is teh shit. Its so versatile, it can do anything that the crybaby can. Plus it has the autowah feature, so that it turns on as soon as you move the pedal forward, which is nice, I dont have to turn it on full to start. Also it sounds great as a bass wah. Better than a couple bass wahs that I tried. Quite possibly the best $57 I ever spent.:rockon:

If you ever see this pedal used and you're thinking about getting it. DO IT!

:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
874 Posts
Hmmm..been thinking about one of these. Think you just sold me.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tarl said:
Hmmm..been thinking about one of these. Think you just sold me.
Definately get it. It is such a sweet pedal. I think one of my favourite features is the regular/lo switch. Which I can't really explain. But I love it. lol:food-smiley-004:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts