The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided that Im most likely not going to sell this thing because I found out they dont make necks this thin anymore. At just a tiny bit over half an inch thick, this thing plays like a damn dream. Easy to move around with and it doesnt bug my palm. Not bad going from a Peavey Raptor to this beaut. Im currently searching for an old 80's Ibanez with the same neck only in a neck through body design and a hard tail. They upped the neck sizes in the 90's because there were reports of the necks breaking but this thing is damn solid. If I ever get a custom guitar made, it will be just as thin but made from something even more solid just in case. Im not sure what the neck is made out of but it's holding up damn well and I love it. Anyone ever play on these old 80's Wizard necks?

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
I used to have tons of Ibanez, and then I just got into other things. I actually think the quality of their guitars got much higher in the 90s than in the 80s. The good thing about the later 80s ones is you could have the original Edge in them. If youre looking for a neckthru Ibanez with a thin neck, the only one I can think of is the old American Master series. They were built by Gresco for Ibanez, and were fantastic guitars. Unfortunately very hard to find as well............

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yup, I will never sell my RG570. Never played a guitar like it yet. Its a 2000 model, and I have played many 570s and 550s from the 80s and 90s and none have stacked up to mine.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im thinkin about gettin an ibanez..but i dont have much money..around 400 or 500 dollars..what is the best ibanez i could get with that?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you save up to 600, you can get an RGT42DX with a neck through body and a floyd copy trem if its a blemish item. I saw one at Music Stop that had a shitload of scratches in one area on the back no bigger than a cd and they lowered the price to 550.

·
Premium Member
2,967 Posts
For $4-500 you can pick up some used RG5xx or RG7xx guitars from the late 80s/early 90s............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts