The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I m new to the guitar and am looking at buying an Ibanez model #: AEL10EBK1201 acoustic electric guitar. I would really welcome some advice on whether this is a decent model and an idea of its $ value.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,084 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

There are many experienced and helpful guitar enthusiasts, musicians, luthiers, amp techs, etc., etc. here that are always helping other forum members.

I found this pic on the net. Does it look anything like the guitar you are interested in getting?

Certainly looks like a nice guitar. Have you played it yet?
What is the asking price for the guitar? ...I assume it is used.

Maybe someone who has owned the same model or has tried it will have more information to help you.

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum!

There are many experienced and helpful guitar enthusiasts, musicians, luthiers, amp techs, etc., etc. here that are always helping other forum members.

I found this pic on the net. Does it look anything like the guitar you are interested in getting?

Certainly looks like a nice guitar. Have you played it yet?
What is the asking price for the guitar? ...I assume it is used.

Maybe someone who has owned the same model or has tried it will have more information to help you.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks very much Dave for your warm welcome. I cannot play guitar, really want to learn. I am a pianist. It does look like that. It is about $250. Yes it does look good, but really I have no baseline to work from. I guess if I like the feel of it, then that's a good start.

·
Premium Member
18,084 Posts
Do you have a friend (who plays guitar and knows how to assess a guitar ) that could go with you to help determine the condition of the guitar?

You are correct, if you like how it feels and looks...that is a good starting point. It might need some minor adjustments to make it play better and easier, along with a cleaning and new strings. This is called a "setup". Eventually you can learn how to do most of the adjustments and restringing by yourself.

Is this a private sale or through a store. Some stores offer setups as part of the purchase.

You would also want to test the electronics through an amp... preferably one designed for an acoustic guitar (IMO).

Take your time. There are many guitars out there!

I don't know this model..but $250.00 seems like a decent price. Does it come with a hardshell case (or at least a gig bag)

I'm likely making this seem much more complicated than you ever thought it could/should be. However, imagine if I asked you to tell me about buying a piano...even a little piano...LOL

Where are all the rest of the forum members when we need their suggestions, help, thoughts, comments!!!

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE!!

·
Registered
18,585 Posts
From what I have found, the price is decent. However, there are a lot of guitars out there for $250.00. Greco gave you good advice. That is how I bought my first guitar by having someone that was knowledgeable and got a very good guitar at a great price. You can also look at reviews if you Google the model number. I think this is a large body guitar which is something to think about .Some people, especially smaller framed people find them uncomfortable to play. You may find a smaller body guitar easier to handle.

And welcome to the forum!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts