The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is this a good trade? Im really into the sound of thrash/classic rock/ guns n roses type of sound, plus i rather like the shape of the LP than my ibanez, what do u guys think?

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have a SZ520 that I put SD PUs in. A jazz in the neck and a Custom5 in the bridge. Now I can get all the tones you seem to be looking for. I used to have an Epi LP with the jazz/jb combo and it was a good guitar...but the ibanez is far superior in my opinion. Still if you love the LP look/vibe go for it. I love my SZ but I have been thinking lately of adding an LP clone to my collection as I still love the look of them. (probibly a Tokai this time) Alot depends on the amps you are using too....probibly affects the tone more than your axe, I think you would notice quite a difference with an all tube amp.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Don,t remember exactly...I think $200 to $250 installed.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Sorry I,ve got no way to record. Go to the Seymour Duncan website for clips. Also check out the reviews on Harmony Central. To me the most important piece of "tone" shaping gear is the amp. You may want to check out upgrades in that area first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts