The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a guitar from Belones here in London Ontario. I ordered an American Deluxe Series Telecaster with the new Vintage Cherry Burst and a rosewood fretboard. I think the top is bound. Anyway, I had to order just by what I saw on the Fender site. I hope I don't have to worry about quality of build?? I would think for 1800.00 it should be perfect? I hope I made a safe choice.:confused-smiley-010 I am just starting to take lessons this week.

·
Registered
5,740 Posts
...you won't really know if you've made the right choice until 10-20 years down the road.

however, quality should not be an issue with the guitar you have chosen. it should turn out to be an absolutely astounding instrument. if you have any doubts, ask someone who is a professional, older player to take evaluate it. for the money you are paying, if there are any quality issues, the music store owes you complete satisfaction.

i'm betting that you are going to be blown away by the sound, build quality and playability of this guitar.

-dh

·
Registered
546 Posts
That guitar will be a beauty. That is one top drawer Tele. It will be bound on the top.

A fine choice. Look at Andy Summers of the Police. That's what he used alot.

Teles last. They are real workhorses. I've had mine since 77 or it's a 68.

It still plays great and sounds good too. Almost no work other than changing pots that wore out.

I loved mine.

Enjoy yours.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Im sure that your guitar will be amazing. When you spend that much on a Fender you don't really expect flaws.

and are you saying that you're just starting? like you've never played guitar before?:DevilGuitar:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Maybe a couple years down the raod you'll want something else ,but I'm sure you'll be impressed by that guitar . You should also learn a lot faster on a great guitar like that .

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
your getting a great guitar...enjoy it.
If anything, get a good setup from a qualified tech. A well set up guitar will play smooth and sound even better.

YOu havent mentioned an amp. What are you using for an amplifier?
This will be another area where you can drop some serious change.
Good luck and dont forget to practice till your fingers hurt and then practice some more.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Oh man, if you had of posted here looking for that same guitar I had a guy email me when I was trying to sell a PRS. He had a 5 week old Deluxe Tele just as you described for $1100. Anyway I hope you enjoy the new axe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
GTmaker said:
you're getting a great guitar...enjoy it.
If anything, get a good setup from a qualified tech. A well set up guitar will play smooth and sound even better.QUOTE]

But (if I can make a suggestion) you should learn to set your guitars up yourself. It's relatively straight forward and will save you some bucks over the years.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Killick said:
GTmaker said:
you're getting a great guitar...enjoy it.
If anything, get a good setup from a qualified tech. A well set up guitar will play smooth and sound even better.QUOTE]
But (if I can make a suggestion) you should learn to set your guitars up yourself. It's relatively straight forward and will save you some bucks over the years.
What Killick sugests ( doing your own setup) is great advice.
I would just add that knowing what a great setup feels like is as important.
You need to know what your after before you get try and get there yourself.
A well setup guitar will train your hands for feel and playability. You need to know what that is before you try to tinker with the setup.

·
Registered
10 Posts
yes, see a guitar techician (luthier!)for sure!

Hi there...what a cool guitar you have...and yes, to echo what others have said, get it to a luthier for sure. (And not just someone at a music store who'll tell you that the E string is 3/16 from the 12th fret so that means your instrument is set up!).

I can't tell you enough what a difference it makes to have even a new instrument gone over by someone who really knows how to dress frets, and carve a new nut etc....fine tune the intonation...This kind of set up in my town costs about $165 and the luthier who does it makes the instrument totally capable of delivering all of it's potential.

It's a relatively small price to pay, when you consider the value of our instruments in the first place, and the joy in playing a fine guitar that just sings though its entire range! You won't believe the difference that a proper set up done by a skilled individual will make, even on your wonderful new Fender.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That really sounds like a top-of-the-line Tele...my God, I can't wait until I get mine - 72 RI Tele Custom in Black...

Cannot wait until I actually go and purchase it. Rock out with it man!:rockon2: :food-smiley-004: :rockon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts