The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in a basement flat and got flooded with an inch or two of sewage water (the floor isn't level so....yeah you get the idea). All tile floor except for the bedroom where I brought my own (Custom cut) carpet in. The landlord is knocking 100 off for it. Is this all I should be getting? I have a god damn industrial de-humidifier running and it's been running since yesterday afternoon. What about the power requirements?! I really dont know what to do in this situation.

C

·
0 Posts
Your landlord aughta be covering the cost of all the "Belonged to the apartment" replacement stuff... As for replacing YOUR stuff, it'll depend on your local laws, but he's not obligated for thing one...

"What about the power requirements?"
You're screwed... and not in the good way.... Unless of course your lease covers such a situation.

·
Registered
316 Posts
That's a bummer, I'd be looking for another apartment. Unless the landlord is actually taking action to prevent this from happening again it, will happen again. I'm guessing it's an older building in need of a back-water valve.

C

·
0 Posts
"in need of a back-water valve"
It probably also needs to have the line, from the house to the street, at the very least, snaked.

If it's old, then that line probably could stand to be replace....

You say it was "sewage water"? Was there 'biological waste' in it? Or do you mean rain-runoff? If it was biological, I wouldn't live there until a professional cleaner came through and sanitized the whole place.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts