The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
I BBQ in the summer, and (as mentioned above) hot cast iron skillet them in winter.

I have a BBQ marinade that is really good, but for cast iron, I melt a good glob of butter and S&P both sides. 2 min per side for a nice med-rare. (did it like this last night!)

I was initially mislead when OP said "four small for $56" I don't normally pay that much, and have never complained they are too small from Costco. But then later read "tenderloin". Well, ya. It's the most expensive cut, but also the most flavorful... too much of one of those has been medically proven to cause instant onset of gout! It's a fact!!

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
Cast iron pan, lots of heat, salt and pepper. That’s what I do in the winter and it comes out perfectly every time.
same here
except i use some montreal steak spice (might be Keg or Weber brands).

Cast iron pan is my go-to. Even on the grill, thats what I prefer to use....and I do suggest using the grill outside bc at high temps your house can get smoky.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
I was at Costco today and I saw a walrus ghost ride her shopping cart into some seniors vacant Buick parked in the handicapped space after offloading her and her larvae’s 30 litres of Mountin’ Dew and metric ton of Doritto’s and I threw a claymore at her windshield and did humanity a favour.
I like this guy. He reminds me of drugs.

·
Premium Member
25,360 Posts
Haven't had a steak since 2006. I try not to spend more than $4/lb for meat and steak doesn't live there. We don't own a barbecue, and the broiler on the oven hasn't worked in about a decade or more, so buying steaks is likely to be a letdown. That's probably why the house was fully paid for, from absolute zero equity, in 12 years, the car was bought with cash, everybody's schooling is paid off long ago, and I don't owe anyone any money.

But I remember liking steaks very much. I probably like them cooked more than most here. Pink is banished from my plate, and bloody is not allowed to even come within 10ft of it.

·
Premium Member
125 Posts
Paid $55 at Fortinos for 2 massive NY Strips. Blast it with butter in hot cast iron pan. turn once then finish in the oven. let sit for 10 minutes.
I choose the ugly brown steaks over the nice red ones. Much more flavour and already tenderized. No need to let air dry in the fridge.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I love this!!! I am a med-rare kinda guy. Most of my guy friends are too. Some of the ladies like medium, but that's still acceptable. My wife (as much as I love her) wants well-done! I worked for years at a steak-house. I was "the Guy". I get it right! It is harder to prepare well done and not be a boot, than it is to nail a med-rare. After all these years though, I can still miss the mark sometimes, but she has said I'm the only one (other than the Keg) that can do it. She comes by it honestly though. Her parents and sisters are the same. And not just beef! We were out for dinner with her parents (pre-COVID) and her mom ordered chicken. After she ordered, I leaned in to my wife, "she should have ordered beef". "Why?". "Because they ask how you want your beef, they don't ask about the chicken, they will serve it how I eat it.... not the way you loonies do".
I was tasked with tracking down the waiter to ask for "well-done" chicken. When it arrived, it was way over my liking, but she still sent it back.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
They opened a Walmart in Stouffville; I went there once, pissed in the parking lot and left.

·
Premium Member
10,726 Posts
They opened a Walmart in Stouffville; I went there once, pissed in the parking lot and left.
i bet your car still got dinged in that amount of time lol

Reactions: Wardo
21 - 34 of 34 Posts