The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why the fuck do they make it so hard to get customer service. I keep getting an error trying to update the firmware so I try and fire off an email... NOPE! WRONG!!! I have to register the product and create a work ticket and wait. I really wanna like modelers. I mean it sounds great. But I'm not certain the little problems are quiet the headache. At least with small amp, pedal or guitar builders you can get an email address to ask a question (which is generally replied to quickly) or trouble shoot yourself pretty easy. Maybe I'm just old and resisting change but I think tech should make shit easier not harder...... FACK!!!! END RANT!

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Paging @hollowbody

Also, try the line6 forums too ;)
I've been digging in the forums a bit but I was kinda searching for a quick/easy answer. I get 30 min ish a day to myself if I'm lucky and I've wasted 3 or 4 days of that's fucking around trying to update this damn machine with no success and it's become incredibly frustrating. Debating just returning it honestly.

·
Premium Member
4,957 Posts
I keep repeating myself but I've been much happier since I dumped the multi-effects pedalboards and switched to BIAS on the iPad with just a floor volume pedal and looper.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Here are some suggestions from a Line 6 rep that frequents the FB group:

Try a different USB port.
Also make sure you are letting the updater do the work. You don’t need to actually load the update the updater does.

- don’t use a hub. Many USB ports on the FRONT of a computer are actually hubs. Use one in the back

- don’t use USB 3

- try a different cable. Very long USB cables or older ones can be an issue

- make sure there is no anti virus ware blocking the website

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
Beyond that, registering Helix and opening a support ticket is the way to go. Line 6 actually checks their email quite often, so you'll get a response in fairly short-order, but registering your unit and creating an account with Line 6 are definitely required.

Also, if you ever need to deal with a warranty issue, you'll need your Helix registered anyway.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beyond that, registering Helix and opening a support ticket is the way to go. Line 6 actually checks their email quite often, so you'll get a response in fairly short-order, but registering your unit and creating an account with Line 6 are definitely required.

Also, if you ever need to deal with a warranty issue, you'll need your Helix registered anyway.
After days of screwing around I was basically told I need a better computer.... since that's not in the budget. I solved my problem and returned it!

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
After days of screwing around I was basically told I need a better computer.... since that's not in the budget. I solved my problem and returned it!
That's too bad. You could have always just done a factory reset and continued to use it as-is. You don't need the firmware upgrades to continue using it, you just get access to new stuff. It's not ideal, but it could have been a stop-gap until you eventually upgraded your PC or were able to use someone else's to perform the update.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's too bad. You could have always just done a factory reset and continued to use it as-is. You don't need the firmware upgrades to continue using it, you just get access to new stuff. It's not ideal, but it could have been a stop-gap until you eventually upgraded your PC or were able to use someone else's to perform the update.
I wanted to be able to use the computer to program my own settings. I have zero patience for doing it on the unit, that's why I never got into the strymon or eventide pedals.

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
I wanted to be able to use the computer to program my own settings. I have zero patience for doing it on the unit, that's why I never got into the strymon or eventide pedals.
I'm the same. I definitely prefer using the HX Edit program to play with my patches. Too bad it didn't work out for you.

·
Premium Member
Air guitar
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm the same. I definitely prefer using the HX Edit program to play with my patches. Too bad it didn't work out for you.
I'll revisit again when I get a computer upgrade. It will just sit and collect dust if if I can't use it how I want, so best to take advantage of return policies while I can.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts