The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a VOX AD50VT and I want to get a smaller tube combo amp something under 40 watts and I can't find one I like. I don't play with alot of distortion but I use lots of fuzz. As for music I mainly play grudge music a little like Nirvana tone but closer to Mudhoney. I'm just want some ideas on ones to try out. Some other info if needed I play a Jaguar HH and my board just has a MXR blue box and DS-2. One more thing I only have about $500-$600 to spend. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Get a used Peavey Classic 30. Awesome value and sounds great.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Get a used Peavey Classic 30. Awesome value and sounds great.
+1 on that. Deffinatly check out the Peavey Valveking too. can go from 1 watt to 50 watts if you want. Dont know about the 2x12 but I'am guessing its the same.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll check the Peavey. Does anyone know who carries Peavey in Calgary?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Look for a used Classic 30... $300.

Another option would be a Randall RG50TC. Great overdrive and can pull out high gain tones if you need it to, all tube, 50 watts 1x12 combo. $529 new.

RG50TC is likely my next guitar-related purchase.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Look for a used Classic 30... $300.

Another option would be a Randall RG50TC. Great overdrive and can pull out high gain tones if you need it to, all tube, 50 watts 1x12 combo. $529 new.

RG50TC is likely my next guitar-related purchase.

I wanted to check out a Randall but I don't know who carries Randall in Calgary. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Google says someplace called "Music Centre Canada" is in Calgary.

Store Locations

Randall RG50TC

Then if you're not down with paying $600 go to the store with a page printed out from LA Music and ask if they'll price match. I'm sure they'll ask how much shipping from LA is (atleast stores I've done this with do) but the good news is they're rockin' free shipping on all order over $199. It's worth a shot right? The worst thing they'll say is no.

·
Registered
365 Posts
In that price range I'd look into:

- Fender Bassman
- Fender Bandmaster
- Fender Showman
- Ampeg V4
- Sunn Beta Lead

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Google says someplace called "Music Centre Canada" is in Calgary.

Store Locations

Randall RG50TC

Then if you're not down with paying $600 go to the store with a page printed out from LA Music and ask if they'll price match. I'm sure they'll ask how much shipping from LA is (atleast stores I've done this with do) but the good news is they're rockin' free shipping on all order over $199. It's worth a shot right? The worst thing they'll say is no.

Great.... I'm not a fan of Music Center Canada. I guess it ok to go there to try. I was check and it doesn't say if the Randall pre amp is tubed or not?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just saw that it's all tube.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts