The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,191 Posts
Man, did he ever mod the crap out of all his gear. It's kinda ironic that the Gibson purists get so bent out of shape over old les Paul's being modded when the guy they're named after did it so often.

·
Registered
14,880 Posts
It was a bit of showmanship--and a form of a looper--using tape machines-as digital looper weren't possible yet.

Above all else Les Paul was an entertainer.

·
Registered
24,661 Posts
Ironically, implementing something like a Les Paulverizer is actually easier and cheaper these days.

I'm surprised that no one has developed an add-on strip to mount on your guitar that would connect to a looper via a slender multi-conductor cable, much like Roland did with GK synth add-ons for guitars, and let the user select and use pre-recorded loops by touching pads on the guitar, leaving your feet free to do other things. There are certainly loopers that permit doing so with your feet, but the footprint required of such capability for your feet to be able to select, precisely, the intended function, is bigger than would be needed for your fingers.

·
Premium Member
17,160 Posts
@mhammer could you rig that up with a kaos pad? I know the bellamy sig (Muse) comes with said pad.

·
Registered
24,661 Posts
From what I can see on-line, those Kaoss pads with the capability to have and select multiple loops are kind of big to mount on the guitar surface, and the smaller ones that could be mounted don't have the capability. I plead ignorance about what can be plugged into the side of the larger ones, but it seems worth exploring. I'll look into it.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I was looking into Midi controllers, some of these mount to the guitar. The Guitar Wing adds lots of buttons. If you know how to do Midi translations, all of these could do something.

Guitar Wing
rev pad
Striptease
Vmeter
Hot Hand
xy midipad
midi strip
enhancia
The Wave
Motus
iring [the one from IK Multimedia]
wiggle