The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just because I could, I decided to add (thru the extension speaker output) my home brew 10" and 12" speaker cabinet to my Polytone combo that has a 15" speaker.

The whole dammed thing sounded pretty good. Looks like I finally found my LARGE STAGE setup.
After all what the hell are we all doing here if we cant have a bit of fun.

comments welcomed.
G.
DSC06154s.jpg

·
Premium Member
12,215 Posts
Cool.

Rule #1: there are no rules!
Rule #2: no one talks about fight club.

·
Premium Member
17,601 Posts
Now that looks impressive!

You didn't even need to wait for a "rainy day' (inside joke) to have some fun.

I'll bet your Gibson jazz box would sound huge through that rig!

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on a completely separate matter....again, just because we can.
If you noticed the cheap L&M Apex 2 button footswitch on the ground, let me tell you something about it.

First and foremost....Its really cheap.
I bought it cause it was cheap but when I tried it out, it just wasn't compatible with my Fender amps.
Soooo.....
I opened it up, cut the silly leads that go to the LED lights and because I had spare wire, basically rewired the switches BUT did not change the circuitry.

This 2 button switch now works on any amp I have tried (including my super reverb reissue.)

How is that for a cheap fix if you need a 2 button switch.

G.

·
Registered
24,681 Posts
Last year, I thought I would try ny hand at building a Feiten-style cab. I found some posted dimensions, but it seems they were either wrong or else left out some important details (e.g., these are the inside not outside dimensions). In any event, it turned out that I could not fit a pair of 12s in it diagonally, so I decided to put in a 10 and a 12. It's not entirely finished, but it actually sounds pretty good. The 12 is front-loaded on the baffle, and the 10 is rear-loaded. Given that the cone apex is set further back in a 12, attaching the 12 to the front and the 10 to the back of the baffle tended to even out their respective cone apexes.

The moral? Don't let an obsession with visual symmetry dictate your speaker complement!

·
Premium Member
12,215 Posts
Symmetry? We don't need no stinkin' symmetry......

upload_2017-6-14_22-3-16.jpeg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts