The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah I stole the title of the thread. :sport-smiley-002:

Anyways, I've never really been a tele guy. With one exception, the thinlines. I think they just look sooo nice. But I just could never bring myself to spend that much money on a guitar that is not my number one choice(I have a hard time bonding with teles). But for the price I might try again with this one.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Nice looking guitar there. I didnt think squier had stuff like that coming out wow...I will have to look into that. By chance, do you know if the body is solid wood? and what type?

also, are those pickups duncans or something, because they have labels on them..

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alder body with Duncan Designed pickups. It's also a 24 3/4" scale!! Which is what I like. Kinda weird a fender(squire) not being 25.5"

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
The Squire Protone series from ten years ago or so were pretty good axes. I had a Strat and Tele from that line and other than the flatsawn fingerboards, I liked them a lot. Still have the Thinline Tele, though it's got a much better Stew-Mac neck with rosewood fingerboard now. Normally I dislike the pickups in Squires but this Tele has good ones.

Peace, Mooh.

·
Registered
324 Posts
That looks really good... I have to agree, I'm not a tele person, but I'd really really like one of those '72 reissue thinlines.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
I was playing one of those at The Guitar Shop in Port Credit while waiting on my brother one day. I was actually blown away by the build quality and value for the price. I think it was $350 and it had a great feeling neck, with perfect fretwork and nut work (plastic nut, but well cut). Really nice acoustic tone too. I didn't get the chance to plug it in, but with all the quality it showed in acoustic tone and feel, it'd be worth it to buy and swap out the electronics if they weren't up to par.

Granted...these are Squiers. They can be great guitars for the money. Just make sure to play it in person first. Most are solid, some are exceptional, and some are dogs. It's worth it find an exceptional one like the one that i played that day.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks LowWatt. Thats good to hear. I'm gonna keep a eye out for one around me. They'll probably pop up pretty soon.

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
And the cool thing about these axes is how easy it is to hotrod them. Switch out pickups, necks, guards, whatever. Leo Fender knew what he was up to.

Peace, Mooh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts