The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Gretsch 6120, 63 SG Standard, 62 Fender Princeton and a 58 Supro 1624T
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
because I’m headed in for the old snippy snip today. Anyone else gone through this? Other than hiding from my kids for a day, any recommendations for a speedy recovery?

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
because I’m headed in for the old snippy snip today. Anyone else gone through this? Other than hiding from my kids for a day, any recommendations for a speedy recovery?
a bag of frozen peas on the sack after a brisk game of shinny

·
Registered
11,438 Posts
the best part is, even after everything heals you'll feel your balls tugging at your gut and chest as you walk up and down the stairs for weeks after the procedure

·
Premium Member
3,029 Posts
No personal experience but generally...if the Dr. says take it easy for a few days then do exactly that. The body needs time. Trying to do a little here and here only prolongs recovery. Enjoy the small break.

·
Premium Member
3,026 Posts
Don't be a hero! Follow your doctor's advice to the letter. You may actually feel alright quicker than you think but don't try to jump back to "normal" activity before the doc says to!

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Seriously, get the tightest underwear you can squeeze into. You will want to be ‘held’.

Not joking, I wore my wife’s bike shorts because none of boxers were tight enough.

And yes, what Vadsy writes is true

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the best part is, even after everything heals you'll feel your balls tugging at your gut and chest as you walk up and down the stairs for weeks after the procedure
That doesn’t sound appealing at all.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
A bag of frozen peas is your friend. Ibuprofen too. I sat home and watched movies for 2 days and was fine.
Exactly this......
But stupid me, I got snipped on Friday then went out Saturday night, got hammered, and was a dancing fool. Took until Tuesday for my parts to recover.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Exactly this......
But stupid me, I got snipped on Friday then went out Saturday night, got hammered, and was a dancing fool. Took until Tuesday for my parts to recover.
I spit out some coffee reading this, haha!

Reactions: ol' 58

·
Premium Member
12,020 Posts
As guys, we gotta work together with this. We need to quit toughing it out and really 'amp up' (see what I did there) how painful this is.

We are doing it for both of us and, personally, I want to be served for a week or two like I just gave birth to a 9 pounder. I want my pillows fluffed, my coffee refilled, and all the other accoutrements that come with sacrifice. Hell, even cats and dogs seem to have it better than men when they get fixed.

And what's with calling it 'getting fixed'. The fricken thing works just fine, we're actually breaking it. Should be called 'getting busted' or something.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've shaved my balls plenty of times....never got snipped though.

My buddy went through a lot of pain after he was fixed.

·
Premium Member
3,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A coworker warned me that it doesn’t work, all it does is change the colour of the baby!

·
Registered
13,671 Posts
I got cut just after my son was born. Just sit back and relax, no sex or riding motorcycles for a few days. I learned the hard way for both. I rode the bike home before the freezing had worn off. That was a Friday. Two days later the boy was asleep and the wife got playful. It went verey quickly from 'Damn this feels good' to 'damn this is a bad idea'. Monday I was back in the drs. office looking sort of purple in a certain area. No bouncing a wiggly baby on your lap either. And when they say "Don't sweat it", take that literally.
@High/Deaf.......My ex had laid down the law, either the dr. did the cutting or she did. My son was 10 lbs 2oz and 24.5" at birth. I sure didn't get pampered.
@traynor_garnet......I was just the other way, the looser the better and what's better in your own home than nude. Just be careful answering the door.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts