The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

my favourite axe is---(name of mfgr.)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
I play a les paul cause it's the shit!!! And I love the sound and feel. My Hamm has taken the #2 spot from my Hammer.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
My step dad's cracked mirror Ibanez Iceman II (old school from the 80's... was originally blue) because it's sexy, has great action, and those EMGs turn it into an all out metal machine.

A close second would be my latest buy, Ibanez RG350EX... I slapped a spare Dimarzio Super Distortion I had laying around in there and now it sounds good (atleast, until I put a D-Sonic or X2N into the bridge, then it will sound amazing, haha).

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Lately it's my Tokai Love Rock Custom. Bought it from JSD's and have been loving it ever since, feels like the real thing....

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
NJAMS custom with a Tokai Love Rock as the backup.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I play a Fender Telecaster Plus Deluxe because it fit me perfectly when I went through my "effects are for sissies, just plug me in" phase and now that I've grown up a bit and ceased the moratorium on effects it still fits me perfectly.

/me pets my tele lovingly

·
Registered
233 Posts
Lately I've been playing my Dillion korina V because it just feel right, I pulled or pinched something in my neck recently and the V is nice and light, but the Tokai Love Rock get played almost as much.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
My Tokai Love Rock has taken a backseat to my Eastwood Ultra GP. The GP is just so comfortable to play.

violation said:
My step dad's cracked mirror Ibanez Iceman II (old school from the 80's... was originally blue) because it's sexy, has great action, and those EMGs turn it into an all out metal machine.
Would love to see some pix of that axe. I've got an IC350 from '96 (black with Floyd Rose)

Cheers,
Joe

·
Registered
497 Posts
I play a lefthanded Godin Exit-22 because I'm lefthanded... :tongue: And in a near future I'll be playing a lefthanded Fender Telecaster (because I'm lefthanded)

Did I mention I'm lefthanded :wave:

:rockon2:

·
Registered
652 Posts
My main axe is an Epiphone Les Paul Standard in Amber Burst. It's just about perfect in action & sound for the southern rock/blues/slide that I play. :DevilGuitar:

My #2 is a Squier Vintage Stratocaster MIK with a maple fretboard & SSH !
It is a great sounding/playing guitar with lotsa "quackiness" that I like.:banana:

Let there be ROCK!!!!:wave:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
jcon said:
My Tokai Love Rock has taken a backseat to my Eastwood Ultra GP. The GP is just so comfortable to play.

Would love to see some pix of that axe. I've got an IC350 from '96 (black with Floyd Rose)

Cheers,
Joe
Ask and you shall receive!

All our Ibanez guitars (all mine but the Iceman II, lol). That pic is from a few weeks ago when I first got the RG... the ol' LP and Iceman II could use a cleaning, as you can see, lol. Still working on replacing the LP's hardware too... I always seem to find something else to buy when I've got the cash to replace it. Oh well, atleast I've got the main ones I needed (tuners and bridge pickup).

Any pics of the IC350?

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
violation said:
Ask and you shall receive!
Any pics of the IC350?
Cool trio! Thanks for the pic.

Here's the only I shot I have of my Iceman (sitting next to an EX series from the early 90s - Gibson ES137 on the far left).

Cheers,
Joe

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I play a Parker P-44 'cause I love the Parker's look without the budget to buy the real thing. I love the possibility of the pu/piezo! The only bad thing is the quality of the both pick ups so I'm waiting for the summer job to afford a new set of those Saymour Duncan's Jazz and '59 humbucker!

·
Registered
737 Posts
jcayer said:

Did I mention I'm lefthanded :wave:

:rockon2:
Never would have guessed. :tongue:

I play a Schecter Stiletto Deluxe-5 because it was all I could get/afford left-handed and it is an awesome bass anyway. If I needed another 5-speed, it would be a Schecter or ESP, or if I was rich, a l-h Ric 4004Cii/5 in JetGlow of course.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts