The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But maybe I should have!!!

I've played this acoustically as one song for years, but have never heard this version. Apparently only available on 8-track, and the solo is Snowy White, not Gilmour.

The audio is terrible, but worth a listen anyway.

Can anyone pick out the chords under the solo?? Parts 1 & 2 have different chord patterns, and I can't figure out if it's one of those, or something else entirely.

·
Premium Member
2,577 Posts
But maybe I should have!!!

I've played this acoustically as one song for years, but have never heard this version. Apparently only available on 8-track, and the solo is Snowy White, not Gilmour.
The audio is terrible, but worth a listen anyway.
Can anyone pick out the chords under the solo?? Parts 1 & 2 have different chord patterns, and I can't figure out if it's one of those, or something else entirely.
you have things a little mixed up....
Its the song thats terrible....the audio is just fine.

G.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Not indicitive of Snowy Whites playing. He did some great work with Thin Lizzy as well as some great solo albums. Check out the single Highway to the Sun................ No songs on Animals are bad, after The Final Cut this is their best work.....IMHO LOL

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have things a little mixed up....
Its the song thats terrible....the audio is just fine.

G.
Not a Floyd fan, or not fond of this "bastardized" version? Regardless of opinion of taste, the audio is terrible.

Not indicative of Snowy Whites playing. He did some great work with Thin Lizzy as well as some great solo albums. Check out the single Highway to the Sun................ No songs on Animals are bad, after The Final Cut this is their best work.....IMHO LOL
I honestly don't know Snowy's work. I was never a Thin Lizzy fan (in any of it's incarnations). Nothing deliberate, just had very little exposure. According to Wikipedia, Snowy was a touring guitar player for Pink on Animals, and again on the Wall. He is officially credited with this solo that was released only on 8 track. He's also been part of Roger's solo act for many tours. It's kinda cool in a way, cause this is certainly in the style of Gilmour. It sounds like it could be him, but just not quite.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Snowy White had this as a number One in England after leaving Lizzy

Much better song here.. without Googling, any guesses who is on slide?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'm not allowed to say, cause I Googled Snowy after your first post. I read it then.

I do like this though. His vocal is similar to Knofler.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts