The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on the local Facebook market place and couldn't resist. I owned one before and sold it because it was just too heavy. It is the best sounding Traynor I've owned or played through. The price was right. I had to have it.

Traynor YCV80Q, 80 watts of 6L6 power with four ten inch Celestion. The tone is sublime.

2018-12-10 15.11.12.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,917 Posts
Love the YCV amps. Yours will not disappoint.

I dealt a YCV50blue (with extension cab) and a YCV20 and picked up a YCV40 WR (with extension cab). Kind of wish I kept the YCV20.

·
Premium Member
2,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Love the YCV amps. Yours will not disappoint.

I dealt a YCV50blue (with extension cab) and a YCV20 and picked up a YCV40 WR (with extension cab). Kind of wish I kept the YCV20.
I've owned a few YCV Traynors. My favourite (except for the weight) is the YCV80Q.

·
Premium Member
16,782 Posts
I had a YCV80 212. My band's bassist had a 15W fender bass practice amp, and in a cement basement it kept up. Just fine.

I was pretty confused.

Great cleans, the dirt was lacking for modern heavy tones. The JSX that replaced it was a much better fit. For clean and some dirt, I bet you're doing well!

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
With the possible exception of the 2XEL84 YCV's, those are my favorites. 410's are great sounding, just kinda big and heavy.

The good news is: those have become cheap to buy
The bad news is: those have to be pretty cheap to sell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts