The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have this small bathroom in my basement, only me and my 18yr old son use it.
My wife is complaining about odors emanating from said bathroom.
I suppose I need to clean it.
The tub is getting a bit on the grimy side.

I'm not gonna get down on my hands and knees and scrub the pissy floor.
What product is gonna do the work for me?
Scrubbing bubbles?
Windex???
Some sort of trained urine eating bug???
Fire?????
What product do you use to eliminate stains and odors without scrubbing too much.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Do you have a drain on the floor ?
When the drain dries out, odors are coming from sump and not from inside the house.
So if you have such a drain, put some Javex, then fill it with a pint of water.
Then just clean the floor once in a while with soap and water that will flow through the drain.
If there is no drain, well, just clean the floor...

Reactions: Scotty

·
Registered
500 Posts
Reactions: Scotty and DaddyDog

·
Registered
350 Posts
Your 18-year-old-son also uses it? How about getting him to help out with scrubbing the pissy floor?

Baking soda and white vinegar should do it.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Hang a psychotic amount of air fresheners from the ceiling. Throw a couple headless dolls up there too just to weird it up even more. When your wife asks you what's up, say "I fixed the odor problem". Stone faced. Self satisfied. Preferably sipping from a tall can of your choice of beers.
P.s. I'm not married.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
this is what i use, for the tub, and a separate one for the floor. i put 1/2 cup bleach for half gallon of water.

P

·
0 Posts
VIM cleaner works good. Mr. Clean is another. Bon Ami foam cleaner will get stuff super clean and shiny.

You need to wipe the piss splatter off the rim of the toilet after each piss. Off the floors and walls too.

Careful about breathing in cleaners in a closed space.

·
Registered
12,365 Posts
oh, also, if you don't want to do it yourself, just pay a kid to do it. be specific in what you want done, and how you want them to do it. worst case scenario, they get you close enough that finishing it yourself will be far less nauseating. also windex kills germs, is easy to use, and you can spray it on anything. i use it for everything but the floor, tub, and inside the toilet. soap scummed shower walls may require multiple applications of this:

WARNING: DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES MIX BLEACH AND AMMONIA

·
Registered
12,081 Posts
Hang a psychotic amount of air fresheners from the ceiling. Throw a couple headless dolls up there too just to weird it up even more. When your wife asks you what's up, say "I fixed the odor problem". Stone faced. Self satisfied. Preferably sipping from a tall can of your choice of beers.
P.s. I'm not married.
Hahahahaha!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts