The Canadian Guitar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously. I'll spare everyone the rant (well, this kinda is a rant) this time. Same old crap.

A few forumites here have seen me play - I'm not flashy, but damn steady.

I'll play anything except metal, hardcore, dance, rap.

Rock, classic rock, blues, country etc etc...

Good gear, quick study and I sing.

I'm reliable and don't like wasting people's time.

I don't drool when I play, and only occassionally send flying drop kicks if one of my fellow band-mates is acting guitarded!

·
Registered
219 Posts
Honestly, with the demand there is for bass players, you should be able to just post on craigslist as a freelancer, and not budge from your home for less than $100.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, it just keeps getting better..........

Monday the drummer said he couldn't do the gig this Friday. Tuesday he said he would be there.

Today I get an email at work saying he is definitely not doing the gig!!!

No way in hell am I cancelling a gig again!!! I got on the phone, 10 minutes later I was paged, and I had a drummer lined up to fill in. Haven't spoken to the drummer in over a year, but he was just looking up my number to get me as a fill-in for his band in August, so it worked out for both of us.

Guitarist is nervous as hell, but we'll make it through the gig I'm sure.

·
Premium Member
16,948 Posts
that sucks.

im moving to london for the school year, and one of the guys is a drummer, and his brother plays guitar. we're hoping to maybe get a band together, learn some covers and play a bar or two for money.

if our other roomies are ok with it, i could contact ya later for a jam session - but the drummer is rusty (he's pro when he's not, pretty good when he is :p)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts