The Canadian Guitar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
I wish you well. but the elephant in the room is, what did the FB post say?

Not referring to you specifically, but other things ive seen on the net, I think gun owners need to realize that ppl are very sensitive these days to "humour" around guns, among other things (like racism, for example). too risky topics. im sorry for you if what was meant as a harmless joke turned your world upside down, but times have changed. I once made a joke on FB after coming back from a carribbean vacation about how stupid white women look when they go down there and get their hair done in cornrows.....about a half dozen "friends" tried to spin that into me being racist. I unfriended a bunch of them and frankly lost interest in the site almost altogether, although I never was a big FBer.
I watch a lot of standup comedy, so edgy humour is the norm for me. But I learned that on social media theres a fine line between funny and offensive, and its an unforgiving one if someone *thinks* you crossed it.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
If you own guns, you need to be a registered gun owner. Why not just go through the process and get registered?

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
Why should I do that? You have to be licensed to own firearms and I said there will be no criminal charges.
You wouldn't necessarily have criminal charges against you if you were unregistered. Of course, I have no experience with the OPP so who knows.

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
You wouldn't necessarily have criminal charges against you if you were unregistered.
LOL whut? How would possessing unregistered, restricted and unrestricted firearms not result in charges?

To the OP- sounds like it could be a raw deal to me. Overreaction possibly (depending on what you posted LOL).

·
Registered
10,708 Posts
Thanks mate. I do actually understand where they are coming from in these over-sensitive, highly charged times ....... but I have an issue with the way this has been handled, like a bull in a China shop and without interviewing me or researching my background. The balance of law does not seem to be working correctly here.

Um, have you been paying attention to how things are done back home these days? Britain is far, far worse than Canada so if you are expecting to escape that shit you are going to the wrong place.

·
Premium Member
1,450 Posts
LOL whut? How would possessing unregistered, restricted and unrestricted firearms not result in charges?
Well there are a number of ways. Since ownership of firearms could easily predate legislation, you could be in possession without being licensed but you are not automatically a criminal.
You may have weapons confiscated but simply having possession isn't necessarily a criminal offense. I am not quoting any law passage but only going by what I have seen happen on occasion.
Some of the culprits, if you will, are veterans who have no desire to register anything and will be damned if any government is going to tell them what to do.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts